It had a mind of it's own

Reaction score
I took off for a 2nd time after a short flight, I used auto take off and then it veered towards me, going backwards, with no input from me and crashed. It was only at the liftoff altitude and I had NO stick inputs. Here is the healthy drones log.....any ideas ?

A 04m 41s 0.0 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
B 04m 41s 0.0 ft 0 ft Tip Home point recorded
C 04m 43s -0.3 ft 0 ft Mode Mode changed to AutoTakeoff
D 04m 43s -0.3 ft 0 ft Tip Return to home altitude:98FT
E 04m 43s -0.7 ft 0 ft Tip Taking off
F 04m 49s 7.2 ft 12 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti
G 04m 52s -1.0 ft 47 ft Mode Mode changed to Atti
H 04m 53s -1.0 ft 50 ft Mode Mode changed to GPS_Atti

Did you ever have a GPS Lock? Was the right switch all they way up? I have never used Auto takeoff. I thought you would need GPS lock to Auto Takeoff. Looks like you had poor GPS signal.

I thought I did have GPS lock, you can see it recorded the home point. I am baffled as to why it was switching tfrom GPS_atti...to Atti. I certainly didn't do it.

My thought are GPS signals were poor and in the ATTI mode it would drift with the wind or its own momentum. I set up an account with Healthy drones but never got an upload to work. The 4 mins was it just powered on before you started the motors? How much damage?

No damage at all. I looked at the record on healthy drones. It said I had 11-15 sats to start and at the time of the crash I had 6-10, it was shown in red, but man the drop in number of sats was really fast. The whole flight although it looks like 4 minutes, was about 1 minute or less in total time. I do remember hearing it say it switched to atti, but it crashed like 2 seconds later.
I guess this will be unsolved, but it makes me a little paranoid to fly it now.

Well I will get my butt in gear and try uploading my logs again. Make your check list before flight, before lift off watch the number of satellites for a few seconds. I will pay more attention my self. I bring it up over my head say 10-15' let it hover see if stays in place before continuing. I have switched to ATTI mode a few times when it was trying to RTH to a bad landing. Definitely fly and land it a few times in ATTI. I am to practice that my self.:cool:
BTW, the no damage part is the hardest part of all.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers