Issues with youtube

Reaction score
I did a video about a week ago shot at 1080 30 fps and youtube shows the highest quality at 360.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Today I did another one shot at 1080 at 30 fps and youtube shows the best at 720. What's up?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
. Do you see better settings available ? .

both played at 1080p for me, click on the icon to left of word youtube at bottom right

shows 720p and 1080p
It may be my browser. I tried with Internet Explorer and I can see 720 but not 1080 . I can see 1080 on videos I have done in the past. Thanks for the reply.

in safari i see this.

Screen Shot 2016-07-29 at 14.10.25.png

It takes time for youtube to upload it to HD. So usually it first loads in low quality, then you come back and it's in HD.

YouTube does something called adaptive bitrate streaming. This throttles the throughput (changing the resolution and bitrate on the fly) during viewing based on how fast the video is being rendered o the viewer's screen. If you have a slow connect, it may spend a lot of time showing the video at less than HD. Someone with a really fast connect and plenty of bandwidth would see your video at 1080. Someone else with a slower connection might see it at 360.

Mine does not show me those options. The window pops up when I click on the gear icon thing and it shows 360. One thing says missing options. I click on that and another large window opens stating some youtube quality settings may not be available and lists versions of browsers that should work. I don't know about that kind of stuff. I normally use aol. If I use IE ican get better quality settings. Up to 720. But if I look at a video I shot at 1080 and uploaded in May, I can see it in 1080. Makes no sense to me.

Do you know what bitrate you used when you edited the final video? For 1080, it probably needs to be 10mbs or better. But there is a tradeoff. Videos with higher bitrates are larger (in terms of filesize). The higher the quality, the slower the stream.

YouTube does something called adaptive bitrate streaming. This throttles the throughput (changing the resolution and bitrate on the fly) during viewing based on how fast the video is being rendered o the viewer's screen. If you have a slow connect, it may spend a lot of time showing the video at less than HD. Someone with a really fast connect and plenty of bandwidth would see your video at 1080. Someone else with a slower connection might see it at 360.
YT will _start_ playing the video at a lower resolution if a person's connection is slow but the highest resolution is always available as a choice.

Do you know what bitrate you used when you edited the final video? For 1080, it probably needs to be 10mbs or better. But there is a tradeoff. Videos with higher bitrates are larger (in terms of filesize). The higher the quality, the slower the stream.
I know nothing about bitrate. I don't edit the videos. Just upload them.

Ok all I have the same issue I recorded 1080 p and youtube is showing 480 ??????

Ok all I have the same issue I recorded 1080 p and youtube is showing 480 ??????

The resolution depends on few things.
When you first upload yt processes the file in multiple resolutions, 480 first then higher over a short time. If you look after its first uploaded you will only see 480.

Secondly it knows your connection speed and adjusts automatically , so if you have poor connection you will only get low res,

If it's blurry, often you can manually choose 1080 HD in the lower right corner and it will sharpen right up

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers