Issues with video transmission after HDMI Module install

Reaction score
I added the module last night and the firmware was updated to 1.6. Now my video link stinks! It was rock solid before.

Hmmm....I have not had this P4 video problem....I am running latest DJI F/W, Apple iPad Air 2 iOS, and the latest DJI GO App as of 4/13/2016. I am running the 32 Channel mod, and generally fly on Channel 4. I have one of those cheap Windsurfer parabolic signal enhancers.....I make it out 10,000+ feet over the marsh environment I fly over most often.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

When installing the HDMI module, did you re-plug back all three data links/cables firmly and securely?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

This is an issue that many are suffering with ATM, I have the same issue when using another device plugged into the HDMI module. DJI says they are aware of this issue and are working on a fix but this was their advice on the DJI forum...

Hello, here are my other suggestions:
1. change to channel mode to custom mode and set the transmission quality to lower than 8Mbps
2. try an android device to see

If you want to follow this thread...

DJI Forum|HDMI issues

DJI support said it might be a bad USB port on the card itself. I went ahead and reinstalled it last night and did a reset for HDMI with the same outcome. This morning I installed the original card and the video stream is rock solid again. If everyone else has it working fine then it must be my card, but I think it's the firmware. I'm going to just return the card at this point and use the HDMI apple adapter until things are resolved. Thanks for the input!

BTW, the fact that DJI is telling people to try Android is ridiculous. If a device is supported, then they need to address that.

I'm thinking its one of 2 things...

1. DJI Go app 2.7.2 for iOS

2. The latest P4 firmware

I don't think it is the controller firmware because if you link your remote with hdmi module installed to a P3 you will not experience this issue.

Did you guys install this HDMI module into your P4 controller or a P3 controller?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl