Issues after crash : Camera Sensor & Air Encoder Errors

Reaction score
EDIT : Fixed, see fix below
Update for people searching the answer to this error, i've fixed it :
  • Replacing the gimbal ribbon cable seems to fix both errors. Mine was cut halfway through, thus not having a working camera.
  • Make sure the arms are not bent or damaged. If so, replace them
-------------

I recently bought a broken P4Adv to a friend in the hopes of making it revive. It crashed against a wall in windy conditions and wouldn't fly anymore

The outside conditions are great, it doesn't look damage after all. The props are a bit damaged but I've got new ones.

The issue is when trying to fly. It boots up and then beeps, while doing Red-Orange-Green for a couple of seconds, before going full red.
DJI Go app shows "Camera Sensor Error" and every second there is this "Air Encoder Error (80)" flashing quickly.

The bird is out of warranty and I live in a remote area where DJI hasn't anything (I'm in a french island, near Madagascar).

Should I send it to DJI and pay the repair, or is there some parts I can replace ? What is causing the error ?

Thank you very much

Last edited:
I recently bought a broken P4Adv to a friend in the hopes of making it revive. It crashed against a wall in windy conditions and wouldn't fly anymore

The outside conditions are great, it doesn't look damage after all. The props are a bit damaged but I've got new ones.

The issue is when trying to fly. It boots up and then beeps, while doing Red-Orange-Green for a couple of seconds, before going full red.
DJI Go app shows "Camera Sensor Error" and every second there is this "Air Encoder Error (80)" flashing quickly.

The bird is out of warranty and I live in a remote area where DJI hasn't anything (I'm in a french island, near Madagascar).

Should I send it to DJI and pay the repair, or is there some parts I can replace ? What is causing the error ?

Thank you very much
HI and welcome! :)

Have a read through these search results which I found using 'camera sensor error' in the search facility here (magnifying glass, top right)

Search Results for Query: Camera Sensor Error | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

I'd suggest that you have a read through all these threads to widen your understanding of what could be wrong - but it might be useful to pay particular attention to this one...

Phantom 4 Camera sensor error FIXED :)

I know about the ribbon cable and this whole assembly, but I'm more worried about the Air Encoder Error. I tried unplugging the gimbal and booting the drone, well then I get no camera error but there still is this encoder error.
Any idea ?

I know about the ribbon cable and this whole assembly, but I'm more worried about the Air Encoder Error. I tried unplugging the gimbal and booting the drone, well then I get no camera error but there still is this encoder error.
Any idea ?
No sorry, I haven't as I've never experienced this problem. Have you tried this search here to find possible information?

Search Results for Query: Air Encoder Error | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

In one of the threads it's stated that in all known previous cases of this error, the solution was to send it to DJI for repair.

(or maybe a Google search of the internet might be of help)....

I've been looking for almost 2 days now... Thanks anyways. I plan on replacing the main assembly. I'll send it to dji first to see their price. Are they cheap ?

Sadly France only has one, and they don't take drones by mail. I've made a ticket and got an UPS return to netherlands.

Before you send it to get repaired. It may be worth re-flashing the firmware. Bit of luck it may just be a corrupted file.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4