issue with photo but video is ok where is located my problem

Reaction score
my video is fine but when im shooting photos my images is something like blur at details or somethink like that i will upolad photo
you can zoom in to the photo into the faces and you can see that no details on the faces
pls little help

Attachments

• DJI_0011.JPG
    DJI_0011.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 427
It's only a 12MP camera of low to moderate quality (imho).

If you want detail in faces, think of a portrait photographer where the camera is close, maybe 6-8 feet away and using a telephoto lens both. A P3 has neither of those capabilities, along with its very wide-angle lens which would put you a couple of feet away from a subject too, so you have to deal with what some say is a surveillance quality camera which is so-so in quality pics. It was designed to shoot landscapes and not portraits. Same would happen with a good quality 12MP 35mm DSLR with a wide-angle lens shooting people at 50 feet away and a high ISO also.

I'll add shooting it at a high 1600 ISO isn't going to get you much detail at all other than a lot of noise or graininess too as in your photo. You can still sharpen it a bit too, but the sensor noise is going to be there. Need to drop it down into the ISO 100 range.

You might get better people results out of an Inspire 2 with a 5XS camera along with a 45mm lens (Which is 90mm in 35mm speak) but then you'll shell out maybe $6,500 to do so. Need to step up to better gear for that sort of stuff.

Last edited:
Reactions: Reed L
my video is fine but when im shooting photos my images is something like blur at details or somethink like that i will upolad photo
you can zoom in to the photo into the faces and you can see that no details on the faces
pls little help
A 12 Mpixel camera is capable of very high quality pictures. Do Not listen to people who do not know what they are talking about. For a frame of reference, your High Definition Television is only 2 Megapixel and on a 40 or 50 inch screen. The picture you posted would be fuzzy for a 1 megapix camera.

There is something else wrong with your pictures. I looked at it and it is shot at 4000 by 3000 but when zoomed it is clearly not in focus. I thought it might be just blur because the lighting out there was not very bright,but it looks like focus.

So we have more to go on can you post the picture details? On a windows machine you right click on the picture and then atthe bottom select "properties" then when that opens up at the top select "details".
In details there will be headings like Description, then Origin, then Image and under that Camera.

In camera get us the F-stop, the Exposure time the ISO and post it and we will figure it out. I have the same bird so here is a photo from mine which is representative of what the camera can do

Attachments

• DJI_2002.JPG
    DJI_2002.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 383
pls little help
Maybe someone else can chime in, but does the little UV filter on the Phantom cameras come with that peel off protective plastic film? That is sure what this picture looks like. Bogias, are your videos substantially clearer than your still pictures?

my video is perfect only in photos yes this problem and the problem start when i have a gimbal problem and my brother see a video on youtube that someone but his drone into the fridge for 20 min and my brother do it then i have this small problem

my video is perfect only in photos yes this problem and the problem start when i have a gimbal problem and my brother see a video on youtube that someone but his drone into the fridge for 20 min and my brother do it then i have this small problem

Why are you shooting at ISO 1600 and expecting any quality in your still shots? You'll get noise - and a lot of it in stills. Try ISO 100 and compare. Mine goes very bad at ISO 400 with a lot of noise and I try and stay less than that ISO. The P4 Pro model does far better handling higher ISO's, but its a newer camera too and to be expected.

Also, if you are not doing any post work, try raising your sharpness setting too as it was on the soft setting in your posted sample too.

yes the iso is high because it was test flight when the sun was down i need to test it again with a sunshiny day

check this images the day is with sun iso 100 with 1/800 and if you zoom a littlebit in the center you will see the cars the trees blur

Attachments

• DJI_0001.JPG
    DJI_0001.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 352
Bogias, I have been experiencing the same problem here. Blurry images, but mine does not seem to be limited to photos. Video is problematic too. At first I assumed it was poor lighting here in the near constant clouds of Seattle area and low sun angle but I just fired things up in the house with lights blasting and with ISO at 100-200 I am getting blurry images. I have been checking forums for a few weeks now trying to see if others are having the same problem and other than people suggesting I need to remove the plastic cover from the camera (which was done when I took the P3P out of the box...duh) the only thing I have found is some videos where people are taking the back off the camera housing and making some sort of adjustment to the board/sensor. I also found some posts about people separating the lens and making some sort of adjustment but that sounds iffy as a DIY fix).

Interested in any suggestions folks have out there. I am really itching to get a P4P but can't justify making that jump just because I can't figure out what is wrong with what seems to be a completely undamaged copter and camera.

Also, I take photos and do aerial mapping as a profession so I am fairly familiar with what the P3P camera is capable of and understand its limitations, but with that said, something is wrong. It is not just me expecting too much out of a 12-mp camera and low end lens.

check this images the day is with sun iso 100 with 1/800 and if you zoom a little bit in the center you will see the cars the trees blur

Okay, something is wrong here.

Most likely your post processing is leading to some really bad JPG compression issues in your harbor shot. Those tree greens are really bad as are most even tonalities.

Try downloading RawTherapee 4.2.1 which is freeware. Load your original harbor shot's DNG file into it. Ignore the complexity of the program for now, just zoom in on the bad trees in the DNG image with it and look at the leaves. Zoom in to about 400% (The magnification is shown in the bottom toolbar on the right.). Use the navigation red square on the left side and move around to explore the bad areas you have. There should be some leaf definition shown in the DNG file in RawTherapee and not the blurriness as in the JPG harbor shot file. That will rule out the camera, and point to your post processing software or methods leading to the issue.

I just tried it with my distant tree DNG shots and I can see the individual leaves in RawTherapee. Even the bark in some limbs. If I output it to a JPG I expect some degeneration, but not to the degree shown in your harbor shot JPG.

lol the sdcard it is on the drone im a professional photographer and im using it very well and i do some maping with the drone fro marble factory's here in greece
WhidbeyDroneDude i jump after a week with this problem to p4 and now im tring to see what is the problem with this one
iwill use the RawTherapee to see

did you get the P4P or just P4? Love my P3P but after less than a year I am really wanting a better camera. P4P seems like a good step up but am afraid DJI is going the route of Apple where they will give us something a little better every year. The improvements are probably worth the upgrade but even flying it for work I cannot justify $1,500+ every year for the newest improvements.

im make the test with RawTherapee is not bad compression issues
WhidbeyDroneDude i take the p4 pro is way much better from the p3 the camera is ultra better from the old one
yes i think there are in the same road like apple but in the p4pro they give a lot of thing
i took some new photos yestarday with the snow here the video seems that is ok but the photos very baaaaaad

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj