Issue with new PV2+

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to this forum, picked up my phantom about 2 weeks ago. Had about 6 great flights so far. Today I went to fly and couldn't get video on the app. Showed a black screen and kept saying sensor error. I could tilt the gimbal and all, just no pics or video or preview. Never got it to work. Tried rebooting , reinstalling app etc.

Second, as soon as the gimbal is powered up and camera goes to tilt down mode, I get the jitter you see in the video below, very bummed. Don't know if the 2 issues are related but I'm lost. Not sure what I should do. Any ideas?

http://youtu.be/QyviN1mH1mQ

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 818
Id first log on to the DJI assist and check if you have all the updates up to date. I had issues with my first phantom 2 vision when i first got it but once i did all the updates all was good. This may help your situation or it may not. But its somewhere for you to start looking.

I've never seen or read about this type of error before. I'm interested to hear what you find. As happydays wrote, loose cables would be my first guess. The next step would be to open the shell and look for a loose solder.

Looks like the cables are fine. I guess I have a bad camera all of a sudden. I'll have to send it in I guess. Bummer big time

I checked all cables, checked everything in assistant, updated firmware, deleted app and re-installed. Camera no longer does the little shake, but I still got the sensor error again and black screen on app. Then I rebooted the phantom again and now it's working. I still don't trust it though, don't know what was causing it. I still may need to send it in

Greetings,

I am new to this forum, hello. I was about to post the exact same problem but found this thread.

I purchased this rig from DRONEFLY about a week ago, had a handful of successful flights and everything worked as it should.

I am now in France and preparing to shoot, we had a few successful flights on the scout and come shoot day I ran into the same issue as the original poster mention, sensor error?

The camera LED is blinking red which the owners manual says is a CMOS ERROR? or Critical Error. Not sure what would cause this as I have only flown the drone a handful of times (6 or 7) successfully with with zero incidents or crashes.

I also tried the following solutions with no luck.

1. Deleting dji app and reinstalling.
2. Binding iphone 5 by scanning QR code etc.
3. Trying on another iphone.
4. Tried another memory card of various sizes and formatting in camera.

I will contact DRONEFLY today to see what can be done but its super frustrating to have come this far to discover I have a bad egg...I will for sure have a back up next time.

This is my 1st DJI product but I hope they are good on returning and warranty etc?

Did you eventually find out what was causingthe cmos error..i have been trying to fix my phantom with the same error?

There are tabs that the ribbon cable connect to at the camera and each of the gimbal axis. If any one of those have popped up or the cable has pulled out a little you can get that same result. I hate that the camera and gimbal unit Is so delicate but as they say it is what it is... You can check out the video on you tube under ribbon replacement and you can see where the tabs are if you feel froggy to check them out. Sorry not to have anything better than that if you've already looked at the three plugs and pins going to the gimbal.

There are tabs that the ribbon cable connect to at the camera and each of the gimbal axis. If any one of those have popped up or the cable has pulled out a little you can get that same result. I hate that the camera and gimbal unit Is so delicate but as they say it is what it is... You can check out the video on you tube under ribbon replacement and you can see where the tabs are if you feel froggy to check them out. Sorry not to have anything better than that if you've already looked at the three plugs and pins going to the gimbal.
The tabs are broken on the top and lower gimal boards..i used foam and placed it on the two ribbon tabs. The bussing stopped on the gimbal..now i need another idea for cmos?

Hey guys, new to this forum, picked up my phantom about 2 weeks ago. Had about 6 great flights so far. Today I went to fly and couldn't get video on the app. Showed a black screen and kept saying sensor error. I could tilt the gimbal and all, just no pics or video or preview. Never got it to work. Tried rebooting , reinstalling app etc.

Second, as soon as the gimbal is powered up and camera goes to tilt down mode, I get the jitter you see in the video below, very bummed. Don't know if the 2 issues are related but I'm lost. Not sure what I should do. Any ideas?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
It happen to me when I bought PV2+ V3.0. They asked me to send it to dji repair in LA and after four weeks they said it wasn't any problem. When I get it back it was working and never again problem.
"Not a clue"

It happen to me when I bought PV2+ V3.0. They asked me to send it to dji repair in LA and after four weeks they said it wasn't any problem. When I get it back it was working and never again problem.
"Not a clue"
Wow mabe it will happen here

Wow mabe it will happen here
When they told me that I was very angry having my P2V+ all the time traveling to dji repair in LA.
So I told them please do not send me again my copter whitout fixing, that I was tired of paying $80 dolars shiping and waiting four months and all the consecuences of trying to get fixed your toy.
Frustraiting.
Who knows if they fix something and I didn't knew.
In a Hobby store called Maniacs they told me it was the wifi extender.
Like I said... I never knew.
Good luck. I understand you.

Yea i know some about electronics.but when i see that after i do a update,and it just kills the gimbal thats a sighn that who ever wrote the software didnt know what they were doing..no way to adj the gimbal? Oh then the IMU..WHAT THE HELL IS THAT..MY GIMBAL CRAPPS OUT ALL THE SO CALLEX IMU SAID WAS IT DIDNT NEED TO BE DONE????why??somthing should have been detectable on the gimbal problem.YOU KNOW LIKE TAKE IT IN FOR SERVICE??? These are expensive..THEY NEED TO BE RE DESIGNED..

[QUOTEreceived. My drone back from dji..let me know if you want to know what they found??tasma, post: 559740, member: 12747"]When they told me that I was very angry having my P2V+ all the time traveling to dji repair in LA.
So I told them please do not send me again my copter whitout fixing, that I was tired of paying $80 dolars shiping and waiting four months and all the consecuences of trying to get fixed your toy.
Frustraiting.
Who knows if they fix something and I didn't knew.
In a Hobby store called Maniacs they told me it was the wifi extender.
Like I said... I never knew.
Good luck. I understand you.[/QUOTE]
Hey i recived

Reactions: elfantasma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31