Issue with charger out of the box.

Reaction score
So hello all. I have a problem with the stock charger, I got my FC40 yesterday and I think it's dead.

I did NOT reverse the plugs. I bought 4 batteries and successfully charged 2 of them. I went to charge the 3rd and the charge status light remained blinking indicating "ready to charge". Same on the 4th brand new battery. Thinking maybe all of the batteries were too charged to initiate the charging sequence I go for a flight.

The Phantom flew beautifully, no issues on any mode nor any issues with fail-safe.

I let the battery cool KNOWING that it's discharged and hook it up to the charger....same green flashing light, no charge initiated. Nothing is burned up inside. It's a newer version than what are in all the youtube fix videos for when you short it out so there's no copper connector from the negative connector to the squiggly thing.

I've already ordered another one but obviously I'm annoyed since I'm on a trip I had planned to film with my new $500 quad and all I have is one battery charged.

Also, I think the power button on my FC40 Camera was toast out of the box. After hours of charging, the thing still won't turn on. I have another on order but my weekend of aerial photography in the blue ridge mountains of NC is toast.

Any ideas on either issue?

Ok, for the charger. Check the pins on the charger where you connect the balance plug. (on the side). It sounds like it is not seeing that connection.

For the camera, DO NOT plug it in a laptop or computer. Plug it in an iPhone or similar wall type USB charger. You should get the blinking red light then.

Okay, I think I have the camera working and I figured out my issue with the charger.

Your post got me thinking about the pins, turns out there was a bent pin on the first one which had screwed up the corresponding pin hole on all 4 of my batteries. After simply pressing down on the topside of the connection with a little screwdriver now everything is working.

In the original version of this post I was going insane as I had bought a 2nd charger which was doing the same thing. I was thinking my UPS man likes to spray water on the stuff he delivers me or something lol. Anyway, word to the wise, if those SQUARE pins get turned sideways they'll reem out the plugs and cause them not to connect all the way.

1. Are you connecting the balance tap or the main power lead (XT60) first? A longshot, but try connecting the balance first if you haven't done that already.

2. Do you have a batt checker that can show you the level of the individual cells in your batts?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20