ISIS uses a Phantom...what does that mean/imply/forebode?

Re: ISIS uses a Phantom...what does that mean/imply/forebode

whats the news on this article?

if the israeli army used the phantom would it be ok? or is it just bad news and bad use of a "drone" because isis is using it?

News flash! ISIS seen to use Microsoft Windows, Android and ... the INTERNET! Save the children!

I can see a ground assault happening soon with them.

I am sure DJI will open a service and distribution center there :)

Wait till they discover google earth then none of us will be safe. Surely dji would activate these areas as no fly zones so as going some way stopping the phantom from flying over these areas or maybe if you have military sensitive areas they would sending out radio frequency jaming signals ? You think?

dirkclod said:
ISIS is just a bad subject . IMHO
X2 we just need to go full tilt and wipe them out and the 100 or so USA traders that joined them need tortured !
Wait till they get some flyways or update and get into no fly zones . SCUMBAGS !!!!

We can only hope ISIS has as much success with DJI products as the rest of us.

chapsrlz said:
whats the news on this article?

if the israeli army used the phantom would it be ok? or is it just bad news and bad use of a "drone" because isis is using it?

yeah, its bad because ISIS uses it. They are the bad guys. Anything they do is bad. Just breathing the air is bad if ISIS is doing it. The world must continue to embrace new technology, even though it helps the bad guys. cell phones have helped bad guys a lot. But I am glad we have cell phones.

Feel free to discuss the story but leave your political views out of it. Thanks! ;)

<sarcasm>
First, I'd like to start by saying that ISIS had better watch out. The photo in the linked article looks like they're flying over 400 feet high. And I'd assume that their use of the drone would be deemed to be 'commercial' - so the crackpot FAA will likely be on their tails soon, sending threatening cease and desist letters...
</sarcasm>

But seriously speaking, I'm sure that we can all count on governments everywhere using the "doom and gloom, we all need to be scared" mantra to force manufacturers to place even more restrictions in future drone models.

I can see governments insisting that some sort of "kill switch" be placed in each drone which would allow them to send out a signal to deactivate them immediately.

I can also see governments insisting upon having some sort of more fine-grained control over the ability to create no-fly areas... perhaps publishing their own list and requiring that all models sold in the US be sold with the latest list installed.

I can also see a requirement for some sort of unique transponder to be embedded in each drone that's sold, along with some sort of mandatory registration system like some people have been pushing for firearms for quite some time - the argument being that if a drone is used in some sort of attack it can at least be traced back to its original purchaser.

All of the above would have its good and bad points. Initially I think I'd be opposed to all of them, and look to purchase drones from elsewhere if any of the "features" were pushed on me (or maybe try my hand at building my own if there was no other choice).

I might in a minority here (I probably am) - but I believe that people should be free to fly these drones anywhere (national parks, state parks, above neighborhoods - essentially anywhere that a private property owner hasn't expressly forbid) as long as they're being operated in a safe manner. Regulation and enforcement should be squarely focused solely upon individuals who operate them irresponsibly, while leaving the rest of us completely alone. There are already mechanisms in place to handle compensation for any damage that is incurred as a result of operator error; those have been sufficient for decades and should continue to be so.

Re: ISIS stole the name from Archer!

dragonash said:
**** ISIS!

Taking the name from Archer and sullying it!
How dare they!

Dangerzone!

Dude...so true :) I love Archer!

Meh, it's just like Colbert said - they're having a mid-life-ISIS.

hotstink626 said:
Wait till they discover google earth then none of us will be safe. Surely dji would activate these areas as no fly zones so as going some way stopping the phantom from flying over these areas or maybe if you have military sensitive areas they would sending out radio frequency jaming signals ? You think?

DJI would have to keep up to date with all the atrocities going on in the world and keep updating our software to reflect the 'new" no fly zone and release the "old" no fly zones when the threat is over. Good idea, but would be difficult to implement.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31