Is this the Compass Problem or Something Else?

Reaction score
Just upgraded to the new Phantom 2 with a H3-3D.

First time flying with GPS lock It starts to drift immediately. i.e. I take off and as soon as i left go of the vertical controller it will drift diagonally. This isn't like the J-Hook issue. No matter what it will not stay stationary.

Is this the same problem as the Compass calibration problem or something different? (12 degree magnetic declination btw)

JoeButch said:
Could this maybe be wifi interference? Where I was flying (pool deck) had strong wifi.

It's possible but I'd start with doing an advanced IMU calibration, followed by a compass calibration. I find 99% of the time it's calibration issues when it's drifting. (the other 1% is pilot error - not knowing it's in Atti mode vs GPS) Also something easily overlooked is stick calibration. Do all of the above and you should have very easy flights.

EMCSQUAR said:
JoeButch said:
Could this maybe be wifi interference? Where I was flying (pool deck) had strong wifi.

It's possible but I'd start with doing an advanced IMU calibration, followed by a compass calibration. I find 99% of the time it's calibration issues when it's drifting. (the other 1% is pilot error - not knowing it's in Atti mode vs GPS) Also something easily overlooked is stick calibration. Do all of the above and you should have very easy flights.

IMU calibration fixed it Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31