Is this safe to do?

Reaction score
Sometimes when I'm flying and my video feed drops out (but still have control over the bird), I click on the DJI logo in the top left of my screen (which takes you back to the DJI Go home menu) then click on the blue Camera button and my live video feed comes back. This seems to reconnect the phone to the bird's FPV camera. Is there any danger in doing this such as losing control of the bird? Is this a safe way to "reset" the video connection to the FPV camera?

FYI I've done this about two times now while the bird was pretty close without issue.

Since you say that the drone was pretty close, are you sure you're really losing video feed? Do you get a warning from the app? I'm asking because on my P3S, sometimes the live video stops and the image turns into grayscale, almost as the camera went into power-saving mode. I don't recall this happening in-flight, only when I'm testing things on the bench, but usually switching between video and photo mode brings the live feed back.

I'm sure I lose video feed. The bar in the top left of the screen turns from green to red and says something like "no video signal" and the video feed goes black.

Is there any danger in doing this such as losing control of the bird?
The bird is controlled with the remote controller, so restarting the app will have no effect on your ability to control the bird.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj