Is this normal (rth question)?

Reaction score
My p4 is at 84 feet height altitude, my rth is set at 50 meters (164 ft). My drone is not facing the sun. Upon engaging the rth, my p4 ascended to the maximum height of 394 feet and just hovered. I waited a few seconds but it seemed like it will not come home. I wouldn’t have known if I waited longer if it will actually come back if I hadn’t cancelled rth and just flew her back though. Gladly, she’s in line of sight. I will do my best to upload the log as I’m so ignorant on how to figure that out. Tried before my previous post but failed. I’m sure that if that happened while she far away, I wouldn’t see her again.

Upon engaging the rth, my p4 ascended to the maximum height of 394 feet and just hovered. I waited a few seconds but it seemed like it will not come home. I wouldn’t have known if I waited longer if it will actually come back if I hadn’t cancelled rth and just flew her back though
Sounds like a VPS issue to me. The logs will confirm that. Do you have a gimbal guard or anything blocking the downward sensors?

I will do my best to upload the log as I’m so ignorant on how to figure that out.
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer | Phantom Help
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
That will give you a detailed report of the flight.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: Izzy1970
Such situations are quite often here. Much to often. I thing that DJI should look into the issue.

Thanks for the advices. I was able to correct and fix the problems by downgrading from the latest firmware.

Thanks for the advices. I was able to correct and fix the problems by downgrading from the latest firmware.
It's extremely unlikely that your firmware made any difference at all.
It certainly did not cause your drone to lose its ability to rth.
Since you never identified the actual cause of your issue, it seems that there really was no issue in the first place.
Operator misunderstanding is the most likely explanation.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20