Is this normal??? Gimbal noise...

Reaction score
Phantom 2 with Zenmuse 3 axis gimbal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I80rmdN ... e=youtu.be

The loud tone is only observable after turning on the Phantom, just before launch and at landing. It's driving me crazy! This tone is not heard except during video playback.

I also took the props off and fired it all up at my kitchen table. The tone was present throughout the video until I shut the Phantom off. This suggests that that tone is on the entire time I am flying. BUT, except for takeoff and landing, the tone is covered up by prop/wind noise.

My dealer tells me it's common and that the gimbal is not defective. I love everything about this craft so far and the guys at my dealer have been great, but I have trouble believing this obnoxious noise is supposed to be acceptable....it is not acceptable to me.

I am new to all of this I have a total of 22 flights, all without crashes. :) I am concerned that if this noise is an indication of some other issue, I wonder if it will effect the quality/clarity of video footage I may someday create.

I intend to add music to my videos, but I don't like being required to do this just to cover up an issue.

If this is just the way it is, I'll just have to get used to it.

Any input/experience would be appreciated.

Yes, I know, I am behind in mowing my lawns. Now that I own a Phantom, I am behind in everything. ;)

Thank you,

Dan

Many of us get that with the H3-3D, the anti-interference board doesn't make a difference, and it happens whether you mount it on a Phantom or any other airframe.

As you saw in that thread in the H3-3D section it's been speculated that it's related to the output port (specifically the new ribbon cable arrangement) but I haven't seen that proven or disproven.

OI Photography said:
Many of us get that with the H3-3D, the anti-interference board doesn't make a difference, and it happens whether you mount it on a Phantom or any other airframe.

As you saw in that thread in the H3-3D section it's been speculated that it's related to the output port (specifically the new ribbon cable arrangement) but I haven't seen that proven or disproven.

Thank you for your response.

So for now, it's common. I am told that my anti-interference board is mounted inside the body. My kit came with an extra ribbon, perhaps I'll swap it and hope to get lucky. :)

I guess I just need to get used to it......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic