Is this normal customer service?

Reaction score
My drone is not working and DJI said to send it back for warranty repair. They sent me 3 emails telling me what to send back and how to send it, they also said I would receive an email within 34 hours with mailing label. After 24 hours went by I called DJI and the person that answered said mailing labels are sent between 24 and 48 hours after first set of emails. Now it is more than 48 hours with no mail in label.

They never did a real good job with customer service but some have had good luck . Being they probably sold a ton of phantoms past couple weeks they are more than likely swamped .
I seen you where having problems charging the controller have you tried different cords and USB chargers ? I seen some one reply they had same proble and had to change cords to get it to charge . Just trying to save you a lot of down time dealing with DJI .
Welcome to the forum .

They never did a real good job with customer service but some have had good luck . Being they probably sold a ton of phantoms past couple weeks they are more than likely swamped .
I seen you where having problems charging the controller have you tried different cords and USB chargers ? I seen some one reply they had same proble and had to change cords to get it to charge . Just trying to save you a lot of down time dealing with DJI .
Welcome to the forum .
Yes I tried a different cord, wish it had worked.

i sent my phantom to DJI on the 15 of dec.
still sitting here with empty pockets.
and i didn't even get kissed.

i sent my phantom to DJI on the 15 of dec.
still sitting here with empty pockets.
and i didn't even get kissed.
Talked with third person at DJI today. She said sorry for this taking so long "I "will take care of it, within 10 minuets I had the email needed. Thank you for taking the time to do things right.

Well I have a different story. My Pro 3 fell from 160 after a 75% battery went to zero. I brought it to a local guy Skylabs out of Boston. He told me to send it to send to DJI his belief was it was a copter malfunction. With all the negative reports I heard from DJI I was not expecting anything. I emailed DJI service center in California and they responded within 24 hours with a RMA number and instructions to send it to them. I mailed it in on a Friday and got a email from them the following Wednesday saying they have revived it and will be looking at it. A week to the day from them receiving it I got the email that the copter has been repaired and shipped back to me FREE OF CHARGE! I'll keep you posted when I get it back thanks DJI !

Last edited:
Well I have a different story. My Pro 3 fell from 160 after a 75% battery when to zero. I brought it to a local guy Skylabs out of Boston. He told me to send it to send to DJI his belief was it was a copter malfunction. With all the negative reports I heard from DJI I was not expecting anything. I emailed DJI service center in California and they responded within 24 hours with a RMA number and instructions to send it to them. I mailed it in a Friday and got a email from them the following Wednesday saying they have revived it and will be looking at it. A week to the day from receiving I got the email that the copter has been repaired and shipped back to me FREE OF CHARGE! I'll keep you posted when I get it back thanks DJI !

C'mon...you left out the part about your being related to the California State Attorney General or Governor?
:p

Reactions: Airgoz
What was wrong with your P3P ? Did they fix it or replace it ? Mine had major damage and I haven't got it back yet it is in transit to me. Curious if they just replaced it instead of repair it. Camera was broken shell cracked gimbal damage main board crack and GPS board broken.

Last edited:
What was wrong with your P3P ? Did theyfix it or replace it ? Mine had major damage and I haven't got it back yet it is in transit to me. Curious if they just replaced it instead of repair it. Camera was broken shell cracked gimbal damage main board crack and GPS board broken.

You will soon know. But seriously, with all THAT damage I don't see where they had much choice. The challenge will be finding any part they were able to re-use....

Reactions: Airgoz
What was wrong with your P3P ? Did they fix it or replace it ? Mine had major damage and I haven't got it back yet it is in transit to me. Curious if they just replaced it instead of repair it. Camera was broken shell cracked gimbal damage main board crack and GPS board broken.
My P3P was having trouble maintaining altitude. After a few minutes, it would drift towards ground level. It may have been something as simple as a software adjustment or perhaps they replaced a part. They certainly didn't replace the whole Phantom. It perked right up and flies level now.

I'm dealing with EU support right now, I never got them to send me shipping labels. Got a faulty gimbal and a battery, this is what I got when I requested shipping labels:

DJI states, that the send in costs are to be carried by the customer.
The shipping back will be handled by us.

This is also stated in the after sales policies under 3 . A :
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

I'm dealing with EU support right now, I never got them to send me shipping labels. Got a faulty gimbal and a battery, this is what I got when I requested shipping labels:

DJI states, that the send in costs are to be carried by the customer.
The shipping back will be handled by us.

This is also stated in the after sales policies under 3 . A :
DJI - The World Leader in Camera Drones/Quadcopters for Aerial Photography

Also dealed with EU support, had to pay shipping myself. It was warranty repair and they were super quick. DJI paid shipping back to my address.
If you get warranty work done with local dealer where you bought it (inside EU i believe), dealer will pay the shipping but i didn't want 3rd party to mess things up.

Dji sucks they are the worst I will never buy another product from them

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20