Is this normal because I think not...

Reaction score
Ok, I'm not really a fan of this new firmware. First I really think I am getting less range. A lot less range. Second, I tried to play back a video, very short at 11 seconds and it would not do it. Previously it didn't have any problems at all.

Now, this may or may not be a firmware issue but I decided to set the height at 8' and fly it around to see how it performed at lower heights. It kept losing altitude. But that's not the worst part. It thought it was still at 8' off the ground. In this screenshot it's about 4" off the ground. Anyone else seen this issue? I was flying around with the right stick only not touching the left.

Attachments

• 7.9 feet.PNG
    7.9 feet.PNG
    789.2 KB · Views: 510
Ok, I'm not really a fan of this new firmware. First I really think I am getting less range. A lot less range. Second, I tried to play back a video, very short at 11 seconds and it would not do it. Previously it didn't have any problems at all.

Now, this may or may not be a firmware issue but I decided to set the height at 8' and fly it around to see how it performed at lower heights. It kept losing altitude. But that's not the worst part. It thought it was still at 8' off the ground. In this screenshot it's about 4" off the ground. Anyone else seen this issue? I was flying around with the right stick only not touching the left.
I have noticed when I fly at very low altitude (under 10 ft) it does not keep. It wants to drop down and sometimes has to boost itself back up. Is that what you mean?

After latest update, my gimbal dial has no effect on the gimbal. Nobody else seems to be experiencing this anywhere.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk

is VPS on or off?
Also, without VPS it's telling you it is 7.9 feet above the alitude from where it was launched. It doesn't know where the ground is under it if VPS isn't being used!
Where can you turn it on n off?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Yeah mine does the same thing with vps on keeps coming down from around 10 feet.. She nearly tipped over when I tried to hover at 3 feet and it came down rather hard. To say the least my flight times have drastically been reduced since the last firmware, my video distance has been cut in half .. Supposedly they reduced the number of channels because of some sort of FCC reg.. Wishing there was a way to force the older firmware.

Reactions: Dronebow
I have noticed when I fly at very low altitude (under 10 ft) it does not keep. It wants to drop down and sometimes has to boost itself back up. Is that what you mean?
I started hovering about 8' and was flying it around at that height. It slowly descends when changing direction or going fast in any direction but it never recovers it self back to the set height. It finally wound up about 4" from the ground but thought it was 7.9'.

is VPS on or off?
Also, without VPS it's telling you it is 7.9 feet above the alitude from where it was launched. It doesn't know where the ground is under it if VPS isn't being used!
It's in P mode GPS so everything is enabled. Flat ground everywhere so there's no elevation changes at all.

Yeah mine does the same thing with vps on keeps coming down from around 10 feet.. She nearly tipped over when I tried to hover at 3 feet and it came down rather hard. To say the least my flight times have drastically been reduced since the last firmware, my video distance has been cut in half .. Supposedly they reduced the number of channels because of some sort of FCC reg.. Wishing there was a way to force the older firmware.
Yes, I have also noticed that the video distance has been reduced. At about 2000' with a clear LOS it starts to cut out. Still has a strong remote signal though. I never should have updated the firmware... this version is garbage.

If you have VPS on this could be the VPS bug in the latest firmware, mine does not hold steady compared with previous firmwares and will also show readings of 4 feet when its at 50 feet.

Yes, I have also noticed that the video distance has been reduced. At about 2000' with a clear LOS it starts to cut out. Still has a strong remote signal though. I never should have updated the firmware... this version is garbage.
I took mine out with the 1.2.6 firmware and I hate it. Very choppy video on my phone only a few yards out. The previous firmware was great, no problems. Hope they fix it soon!

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

ya the last to vershions of the pilot app took out the channels for ch 1 -13 and range can be effected big time. Its not the firmware its the pilot app.

I went from being able to get an easy 2 miles in one spot I fly and at the same heights and even if I go up higher I can even punch threw a full mile before it loses connection.. and one other spot I was able to get way over 2 miles and some times even as far as 3 in real good conditions and now I I cant even bust a single mile there either or any ware eles i have flown even if In the country side and flying from a hill.
I'm really pissed to cause I dont have any saved copies of the app that worked on my pc to be able to reinstall it.

When you update the pilot app on your IOS device be sure to also update on iTunes, this is because iTunes sends the old version ipa to the trash, where you can retrieve it and save it to your P3 folder with all the other files you are keeping. That way you can downgrade if needed.

When you update the pilot app on your IOS device be sure to also update on iTunes, this is because iTunes sends the old version ipa to the trash, where you can retrieve it and save it to your P3 folder with all the other files you are keeping. That way you can downgrade if needed.
ya the last to vershions of the pilot app took out the channels for ch 1 -13 and range can be effected big time. Its not the firmware its the pilot app.

I went from being able to get an easy 2 miles in one spot I fly and at the same heights and even if I go up higher I can even punch threw a full mile before it loses connection.. and one other spot I was able to get way over 2 miles and some times even as far as 3 in real good conditions and now I I cant even bust a single mile there either or any ware eles i have flown even if In the country side and flying from a hill.
I'm really pissed to cause I dont have any saved copies of the app that worked on my pc to be able to reinstall it.
So what version is the good version?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik