Is this multi battery charger safe?

This charger just came out a few weeks ago, so the jury is still out on whether or not it'll harm the batteries. A few people have noted that it's been working well for them so far though.

This charger just came out a few weeks ago, so the jury is still out on whether or not it'll harm the batteries. A few people have noted that it's been working well for them so far though.

Thanks for your input. Don't think I'm going to risk it until the jury is in then.

I have been using the P4 model for a couple weeks and the P3 model for about a year. They both work very well. I would not worry about your batteries. This unit is really a multi-output power supply not actually a charger, which is actually a good thing. All the smarts for charging is built into the batteries, so the batteries should protect themselves.

Reactions: BigAl07
I have been using the P4 model for a couple weeks and the P3 model for about a year. They both work very well. I would not worry about your batteries. This unit is really a multi-output power supply not actually a charger, which is actually a good thing. All the smarts for charging is built into the batteries, so the batteries should protect themselves.
Do you know the total power consumption in watts if all 3 batteries are charging at once?

Great charger works like a treat and charge quick as well got mine 2 weeks ago for my 4x P4 batteries

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes I got mine back in May, it works great

I have the P3 version and am thinking about getting this for the P4 as well.

But on the subject of batteries, is there a dedicated discharger to do deep cycle discharges as well as bringing it down to storage levels?

The DJI P4 charger hub can charge and discharge three batteries, one battery at a time, one option at a time.

The DJI P4 charger hub can charge and discharge three batteries, one battery at a time, one option at a time.

I'm looking for one like Mike uses for the P3-which I got on his recommendation. I don't care about discharging only one at a time whereas I might care about charging only one at a time. The eBay one will do 3 simultaneously.

I've got it and it seems to work well thus far

I've just ordered one. I'm sure they are ok. It has a cooling fan and other safety gubbins.

I have it, works great, charging 3 baterry same time from 20% to 100% for 1h.

Careful - DJI may be working on new firmware that disables flight with any battery that was charged with an aftermarket charger.... :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj