Is this how you would conduct your first flight ?

Reaction score
I have seen this guys videos before. He recently lost his rig due to a crash. Here he conducts his first test flight of a brand new Phantom 2. Now he is an experienced pilot from what I have seen but I would never ever fly like he does on my first flight with anything let alone an expensive rig like this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfosesgETjU[/youtube]

He's probably got an endorsement from DJI after his guest appearance on Colins Gs last video...

EMCSQUAR said:
He's probably got an endorsement from DJI after his guest appearance on Colins Gs last video...

Maybe they are hoping everyone will do it that way and get a few more sales :twisted:

What mode was he in? ATTI or GPS? He can certainly fly - but I would be a lot more conservative with my first flight. Just get it up and check things out...

CunningStuntFlyer said:
He's an experienced flyer. Not a big deal let alone irresponsible.

re: the fuckwit that commented about needing a new script writer.

The guy that uploaded the video is deaf you douchebag.

Now listen up, you have the wrong attitude for this forum. Either behave or clear off. You are about to be labelled a troll speaking to people like that.

Hmmm.

Sorry to say, but I did kind of the same but above water.
I hovered about one minute above my deck, and then started throwing it around above the lake.
(I live near water and do not have much of an other option for flying)

Like Mitch (the guy in the video) I also have a lot of experienced in RC flying.

Mitch is indeed deaf. Have a look at his Youtube channel.. Lots of good stuff on it
http://www.youtube.com/user/micbergsma

Anyway.... Did you just hover your multirotor for +20 minutes the 1st time?

No I flew mine around as well on its first flight but all very tame close in stuff. I see you checked yours it out for a minute on your first flight also.

Every flight I go through the same routine. Up off the ground, a quick touch of the sticks in all directions and a couple of 360 spins is all I do before flying as I wish. I think in the video he just went up like a rocket. If it was a faulty one it could have been a wreck.

CunningStuntFlyer said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
Now listen up, you have the wrong attitude for this forum. Either behave or clear off. You are about to be labelled a troll speaking to people like that.

Thanks. You truly made me laugh out loud with that whiny pap.

Ok that confirms my suspicions, CUNNINGSTUNTFLYER you are clearly a TROLL !!!!!! onto the foe list then I don't have to bother with you ...... gone.

Edited to emphasise we have another troll on the forum. Anyone who prefers not to be bothered by his antisocial behaviour can always add him to your Foe List. Just click his name and select add to foe. Things return rapidly to normal thereafter :lol:

Shrimpy

My foe list grew by one.

I guess the question I was answering was whether I would do what he did.

I think Mitch is quite capable but I still wouldn't do that on my first flight. I noticed he was deaf but that doesn't mean it is smart to send a new machine out of site within a few seconds of lift off (at least not smart in my world). I will say he really seems to enjoy flying, though. His enthusiasm is infectious.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Edited to emphasise we have another troll on the forum. Anyone who prefers not to be bothered by his antisocial behaviour can always add him to your Foe List. Just click his name and select add to foe. Things return rapidly to normal thereafter :lol:
Shrimpy

Thanks Shrimpy for the note .....have not touched forums for years so taking while to get back in to this type, am new guy so just watchin reading and learning ... so have little to comment on as yet .. but seems wont have to worry about one :cool:

Cheers and regards G

GMANNZ said:
Shrimpfarmer said:
Shrimpy

Thanks Shrimpy for the note .....have not touched forums for years so taking while to get back in to this type, am new guy so just watchin reading and learning ... so have little to comment on as yet .. but seems wont have to worry about one :cool:

Cheers and regards G

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice in here and plenty of people prepared to help.

Shrimpfarmer said:
Welcome to the forum. Lots of good advice in here and plenty of people prepared to help.

Thanks .... weather is slowing its looking as the morning arrives, coffee is on , ... after 7 days night shift have day off from monitoring the worlds phone calls and networks, & have P2V needing airtime, calibration and tests .. should be great day.

I went back and looked thru his posts and I'd have a hard time calling him a troll. Maybe a bit abrasive if his BS detector goes off. Can't say I disagree with his objection to the "needs a new screenwriter joke" regarding the deaf guy video. Maybe the language in his response could was a bit much. How about we all take it down a notch and enjoy ourselves here?

Just a newcomers suggestion

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic