Is this crack anything to worry about?

Reaction score
41c696cca002c2022be4dab79e44fa95.jpg

Hi, I just noticed this tiny little crack under one of the arms before flying today.
My opinion is that it probably is nothing to worry about, just keep checking it from time to time.
It seems the crack is just above a screw that joins the legs with the rest of the body. Overtightened from factory maybe?
Really don't feel like sending it in for warranty repair as long as that tiny crack just stays a cosmetical "issue".
What do YOU think?
Thanx for reading. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

IMHO I think any structural defect should be dealt with. So for me, I would have it repaired especial if it's under warranty.

However, I am new to this field and I will defer to the experts here.

Yep toeg, purely cosmetic! I've got cracks in places that would concern you even more, and they don't affect my flight at all. Not worth sending it in ,in my opinion

Thanx for the replies. I'm really happy with my Standard, it performs really well. Don't feel like sending it somewhere that might take a while to get back. Not even sure I get the same back even.
dirtybum: would you consider putting something on/in that little crack? Some glue of some kind?
Thanx in advance. [emoji4]

Not that one, I smoothed some marine quality silicone adhesive over the crack on my top arm. But I dont think that ones worth covering. Right now its barely noticable, if you put something on it, it's only gonna draw attention to it.
You're right about not know what they'll send you back! They sent mine back w/ a fw update that I specifically asked them NOT to do!

Not that one, I smoothed some marine quality silicone adhesive over the crack on my top arm. But I dont think that ones worth covering. Right now its barely noticable, if you put something on it, it's only gonna draw attention to it.
You're right about not know what they'll send you back! They sent mine back w/ a fw update that I specifically asked them NOT to do!
Thanx for the advice! [emoji4]
I guess I'll just keep an eye on it for now

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4