Is this a good deal?

Reaction score
I'm planning on buying a p4p+ probably this weekend I wanted to keep the bill below $2k usd but with the dji refresh warranty (a must for a newbie like myself) I'm at 2k and want an extra battery at least and some filters. that puts me at just under $2200. My question is, is there a better place to buy that I can also get the extra warranty and maybe more than I already have in cart for under$2200? (Dji is doing a promo that adds 2 more sets of props, prop guard and a heli pad free now to sept 1st) see attached images

Screenshot_20170815-081840.jpg
Screenshot_20170815-062055.png

Those prices are good for OEM DJI accessories. They are going to be the same price if you purchase them elsewhere. I see some batteries here on eBay for $10 less, but it's probably not worth the extra work to buy those things separately.

Those prices are good for OEM DJI accessories. They are going to be the same price if you purchase them elsewhere. I see some batteries here on eBay for $10 less, but it's probably not worth the extra work to buy those things separately.
Thank you for the fast reply I appreciate it! Can't wait to start up this hobby. race car stuff isn't as fun as it used to be

Reactions: DKG13CC
Yeah, Dutch the prop guard also. Just stay away from trees and check with your insurance agent for insurance instead of fooling with DJI. They are a pain to deal with if you have any other option. Good luck

Jim
WA5TEF

I probably won't use the prop guards but hey free is free right? Haha I don't plan on doing any crazy flying until I get a good feel of how the bird handles. I've been reading a lot of threads on the forums here learning as many do's and don'ts as i can. A lot of people having issues but reading the veteran stuff it's more common to complain than praise so I'm not to worried other than if I have to deal with dji after sale. Thanks again guys

You sure you want the Pro+, the display is proprietary, no other apps can be installed, so no Litchi or other such things?

Hmm didn't think about that.. I thought you could use litchi.. how well does a galaxy s6 work with them? That would save me some money that I could use for other accessories

I would definitely go for the one with no builtin display. Get a larger tablet ( I use an older iPad) and get Litchi and drop DJI GO and don't update firmware if all is working ok. Just hope you never have to deal with DJI customer service. They will lie to you when telling the truth is easier! And, they never ever have or will make a mistake!

Good luck
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: TrevorSRT
Thank you for the fast reply I appreciate it! Can't wait to start up this hobby. race car stuff isn't as fun as it used to be

Its also fun when you play with the drones and cars at the same time I've found!

I was playing at Circuit of the Americas during an open practice of race bikes! Enjoy!
d73604423dc5d50f93f1d9d31dcb92f5.jpg

Reactions: itshowiroll
Its also fun when you play with the drones and cars at the same time I've found!

I was playing at Circuit of the Americas during an open practice of race bikes! Enjoy!
d73604423dc5d50f93f1d9d31dcb92f5.jpg
Well that kind of race car stuff is awesome! Lol I built my car to 500 hp but can't really enjoy racing it very often anymore haha

I recently bought a P4 Advanced kit from Drone World including 2 batteries, 2 filters, carbon fiber props, plus a few extras, and a great case. Total was $2000. P4 advanced doesn't have rear obstacle sensors but you'll be able to use other devices with DJI Go 4. The delivery time was about a week while DJI was going to be 2-3 weeks. Screen shot below.

838937464a776aa11a8e9a6ef2114980.jpg

I would recommend getting a Personal Article Policy from StateFarm for the new quad. It’s $30 a year w/ $0 deductible. I haven’t had to make a claim yet, but after reading about all the headache others have gone through with support and after my friend’s Mavic dropped in the lake (not covered by Care Refresh), I’m sure it would be a lot less painful to make a claim with StateFarm. Cheap peace of mind.

I would recommend getting a Personal Article Policy from StateFarm for the new quad. It’s $30 a year w/ $0 deductible. I haven’t had to make a claim yet, but after reading about all the headache others have gone through with support and after my friend’s Mavic dropped in the lake (not covered by Care Refresh), I’m sure it would be a lot less painful to make a claim with StateFarm. Cheap peace of mind.
I was thinking the same thing. Care refresh for 150 and lots of wasted time or a policy with more peace of mind and less stress

Reactions: adrian_smithee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik