Is this a battery issue? Autoland instead of RTH

Reaction score
Thought the RTH feature sounds good on low battery so I checked it in the assistant software. But, I can fly around happily for about 15 minutes with the green lights flashing until I get the first battery warning which for me is fairly fast flashing red lights. Approx 1 minute after this autoland kicks in and it starts to descend. I can control the landing to make it softer though.

So where is my RTH function? How comes autoland happens so quickly after the flashing red lights? I have no iOSD so can't tell you percentages.

Cheers

Mark

pilsburypie said:
Thought the RTH feature sounds good on low battery so I checked it in the assistant software. But, I can fly around happily for about 15 minutes with the green lights flashing until I get the first battery warning which for me is fairly fast flashing red lights. Approx 1 minute after this autoland kicks in and it starts to descend. I can control the landing to make it softer though.

So where is my RTH function? How comes autoland happens so quickly after the flashing red lights? I have no iOSD so can't tell you percentages.

Cheers

Mark

Mark, the "RTH on low battery" function only applies to the Vision and Vision+. It doesn't work with the P2, which is what you have. Keep an eye on your battery level on the IOSD display. Personally, I make it a rule to always be back on the ground when the battery level hits 30%.

HarryT said:
the "RTH on low battery" function only applies to the Vision and Vision+. It doesn't work with the P2

:shock: Really? I wonder how they pulled that off...do the V/V+ have their own firmware now (separate from regular P2's)?

My understanding is that it's the interaction with the Smartphone app that does it. I think it's the app that actually triggers the RTH.

Interesting - thanks! Guess it must be the actual firmware, then, as you say, because a P2 non-Vision doesn't do a low-battery RTH.

Thanks all for your replies - no wonder my Phantom 2 never RTH on low battery! No one ever told me this was soley for the Visions. Also not too surprising that 1 minute after the 20% low battery warning it autolands as critical is a mere 5% below at 15%.

This has cleared things up for me. Cheers all ;)

HarryT said:
pilsburypie said:

Cheers

Mark

Mark, the "RTH on low battery" function only applies to the Vision and Vision+. It doesn't work with the P2, which is what you have. Keep an eye on your battery level on the IOSD display. Personally, I make it a rule to always be back on the ground when the battery level hits 30%.
I have a Phantom 2 (non vision) and it goes in RTH mode after the first battery warning. After the second battery warning it goes in Auto Land mode. So it does work with the non vision Phantom!
(In assistant software: battery settings, select go-home)

Only available in the latest firmware (3.06)

(See note 2 for go-home feature)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407422.504683.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407422.504683.jpg
    211.5 KB · Views: 404
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407433.285747.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1411407433.285747.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 424

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads