Is there still a Phantom 3 Pro being shipped from DJI?

Reaction score
I've been reading about the Phantom 3 4K for days now and I can't make heads or tails of what DJI is doing.

Is DJI still producing and selling a Phantom 3 Pro?

What I want to know is if DJI is still embracing lightbridge which appears to have a much better range than whimpy wifi.

Please help clarify this for me. A clear answer has been elusive.

I noticed on the UK price list the P3P is the only one NOT reduced in the sale!

Yes. I'm guessing DJI figured out that people who only want to use Wi-Fi don't want to pay for Lightbridge.

It makes perfect sense what DJI is doing. The P34K is a lower-cost version of the P3 Pro for uses who desire 4K video but are content with the shorter 1200m range. Priced identically to the P3 Advanced, you can choose 5x range/2.7K camera or 4K camera. The P34K's new controller is a definite step-up from the P3 Standard too. The P3 Pro is still the current flagship model of the P3 series.

Not sure if anyone actually has a P34K in hand yet for confirmation but, according to the specs, it looks like DJI may have capped the max altitude of the P34K @ 120M so that may be something one wishes to take into consideration.

I've been reading about the Phantom 3 4K for days now and I can't make heads or tails of what DJI is doing.

What I want to know is if DJI is still embracing lightbridge which appears to have a much better range than whimpy wifi.

Please help clarify this for me. A clear answer has been elusive.

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone actually has a P34K in hand yet for confirmation but, according to the specs, it looks like DJI capped the max altitude of the P34K @ 120M so that may be something one wishes to take into consideration.
I doubt it. It looks like a typo in their specs. The Phantom 3 Standard also shows "Software altitude limit: 120 m above takeoff point" in the specs.

My complaint is that the 4K looks exactly like a Pro. Consumers are going to see Phantom 3 and 4K and equate that to the Pro, consider it a really good deal, then come on here and complain about range.

They should have used green arm stickers for the 4K...

Ok so I guess then this seems like a marketing blunder. Selling a Phantom 3 4K while the pro has a 4K camera seems like a convoluted move.

Do you think this move was to make a flagship product that can be sold in countries with more restrictive quadcopter laws?

I changed my gold stickers to red. Didn't want the P3P look. I get tired of the questions "How much did you pay"

Do you think this move was to make a flagship product that can be sold in countries with more restrictive quadcopter laws?
Do you mean like in the US? Where the FAA wants everyone to fly VLOS. It would be perfect for that.

Reactions: jimerb
Apart from the wifi, the big difference people are going to miss in the specs is the the new model has 480p live viewing rather than the 720p view every other P3 has.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik