Is there interference issues???

Reaction score
So i was flying my DJI Phantom 1.1.1 around at low altitudes (7-20ft)and when i put on the new carbon fiber props i noticed that it was really jumpy, which i attributed to the stiffness of the CF props. On top of that if i let off the throttle it would occasionally just accelerate extremely fast vertically. It seemed like i wasn't in control of the drone for a few seconds. After a few times that this happened it did it a final time to about 75ft and i wasn't able to regain control and it just fell out of the sky. Has anybody else seen issues like this? Could this be interference from the Carbon fiber props?

- Remove carbon fiber props
- reinstall stock props.
- try again.

You will have your answer. There are so many different CF props out there, most of them cheap crap, that no one can answer this question, it's really a hit an miss, most often miss.

Probably way out of balance, which I really recommend balancing props to begin with. These may actually make you crash and wear out your motor bearings in no time.

flyguy25 said:
So i was flying my DJI Phantom 1.1.1 around at low altitudes (7-20ft)and when i put on the new carbon fiber props i noticed that it was really jumpy, which i attributed to the stiffness of the CF props. On top of that if i let off the throttle it would occasionally just accelerate extremely fast vertically. It seemed like i wasn't in control of the drone for a few seconds. After a few times that this happened it did it a final time to about 75ft and i wasn't able to regain control and it just fell out of the sky. Has anybody else seen issues like this? Could this be interference from the Carbon fiber props?

There's no interference from the radio with your props. Most carbon fiber props for the Phantom come extremely unbalanced, which really impacts flight negatively, the quad can feel out of control. You have to balance the props quite a bit, and after that they'll perform fine.

If you switch to 9" props you'll likely also have to adjust your gains to compensate, there are quite a few threads here on how to do so.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj