Is there anyone that hasn't had problems.

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new on here and also to flying. I recently bought a phantom 2 vision plus whilst at the photography show at the NEC in the UK. I had seen one being used whilst out doing some photography and couldn't wait to get one, now after reading most of these threads I'm beginning to wonder whether this craft is up to what they say it is. It's getting to the point when I go out with it I'm thinking is it going to go wrong. I'm sure there must be a lot more, hopefully that don't have problems than do.
Also struggling a bit with all the abbreviations. Any feedback please even to put me at ease.

Seems to me there are a lot of fixes, upgrades and modifications to do, after paying what I did I don't really expect to have to do all this. It's like buying a car without wheels, if you want to go anywhere there is a fix or mod! You need to put wheels on it. I'm wondering have I bought something that is up to the job it's meant to do? Hope not cos I have really enjoyed using it up to now.

No upgrade done - no fixes - and no crashes - 70 Plus flights.
had the PV2+ since Sept 2014
Thanks that's a bit more reassuring, I don't have a problem flying it, as I found it easy from first flight just using a bit of common sense, but it was all the other things that was worrying me.

Never had any problems here, first i had an FC40 last year and had about 30 flights, then 60+ flights with my vision+ and now 8 flights with my new pv2+ version 3. All have been perfect with never a hint of a problem in flight and hover on the spot.
Always had the latest firmware. :)

Phantom 2 Vision + (Late 2014 build) approximately 70 flights and no problems. I did have the gimbal act weird on two different occasions but it fixed itself within a few seconds. I had the dreaded invalid battery warning once or twice but I clean the contacts after each outing and that is gone also.

Overall for such a complex piece of technology, it has been great.

Never had any problems here, first i had an FC40 last year and had about 30 flights, then 60+ flights with my vision+ and now 8 flights with my new pv2+ version 3. All have been perfect with never a hint of a problem in flight and hover on the spot.
Always had the latest firmware. :)
Good to hear you have had no problems, but you can see what I mean when you start reading these threads, gets a bit worrying.

Phantom 2 Vision + (Late 2014 build) approximately 70 flights and no problems. I did have the gimbal act weird on two different occasions but it fixed itself within a few seconds. I had the dreaded invalid battery warning once or twice but I clean the contacts after each outing and that is gone also.

Overall for such a complex piece of technology, it has been great.
That's great, up to now my gimbal would not stay where I set it with the dial on the remote but got that sorted in the assistant software and the last time out when descending it just kept spinning whilst on its way down so I have been back in the assistant and calibrated the gps. Not been out since, hope that's fixed that one.

Never a problem and I've flown 200+ flights since November of 2014. Added a KillerRC Gimbal Saver and Flytrex 3G (CAN-BUS) and use FPV-Booster as my primary interface - no issues there. I skipped the v.10 release but am now running v.12 with only positive results. I always calibrate the compass before every flight and tighten the props using my hands (rather than relying on the bird to do it for me).

Accidents are bound to occur with any UAV. Just concentrate on your pre-flight and your surroundings and enjoy yourself.

Cheers!

Never a problem and I've flown 200+ flights since November of 2014. Added a KillerRC Gimbal Saver and Flytrex 3G (CAN-BUS) and use FPV-Booster as my primary interface - no issues there. I skipped the v.10 release but am now running v.12 with only positive results. I always calibrate the compass before every flight and tighten the props using my hands (rather than relying on the bird to do it for me).

Accidents are bound to occur with any UAV. Just concentrate on your pre-flight and your surroundings and enjoy yourself.

Cheers!
Thanks for your input and advice. Much appreciated..

Forums are full of bad news. If you check forums on anything there is a fair share of bad experience. If you don't want to experience anything unexpected then a drone is not the best thing to dip into. However after each successful flight the feeling is exhilarating.

Reactions: dirkclod
Couple million flights for me testing gimbals.....LOL

No problems after I heat sinked the wifi unit. Mine was one of the first Version 1's

V2 and V3 wifi units come pretty good, V3 motor wires are a serious hit and miss.

Jeremy James

Had mine since Sept 2014 , 100+ flights not a single issue, 2 weeks after I got I had a user error and ran into a tree lol, but as far as performance everything is great I've changed to the V3 props and V3 compass and she Flys like a champ

Had a V, ~10 flights and was hosed up bad in recalled software upgrade.

Traded in for 2+V3, upgraded wires per bulbank, fixed male side of Gps plug, 3.12 and have had ~30+ flights w no issues....

Next mod- DBS antenna as trees are now in full bloom and I want more than 200m.

I could post Office thread about not having done anything to my Vision or ever crashing it but why? That is, it's not interesting to post about having no issues. I live taking video and photos with my Vision.

No problems here, apart from when I clipped a tree in my garden.

BTW, it's not like buying a car with no wheels. it's more like buying a smartphone and then having to buy a case, memory card, car charger, Bluetooth headset etc.

Got my V+ V3 in Dec 2014. About 45 flights in all sorts of winter conditions since then without issues. Most of the flights were below freezing with the coldest being -23C. Had a minor issue with IMU calibration but it turned out to be a result of my counter not being level when I ran the advanced calibration.

First crash was my own fault, got going fast in Atti mode and lost track of it, when I found it again it was headed straight for a streetlight. I was able to slow from 75kph to about 40kph before it tagged a streetlight and went spinning to the ground.... lesson learned, should have been paying closer attention, also could have avoided the pole if I'd climbed instead of tried to slow down.

Its currently being repaired by Hani and he's upgrading the ESC to v2.1 and upgrading the GPS receiver as well. Hope to be flying late this week.

I've always kept firmware up to date, haven't tried 3.12 yet since I crashed before it. I

100+ flights, no issues, still using original props, only issue now is bug blood

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers