Is there anyone in the Phoenix AZ area who I possibly get some hands on assitance from ?

Reaction score
So my first flight of my used, but newly purchased, P2V was nearly fatal. See thread below for details.

First Fatal Flight Link

Now I still can't leave the ground, it tries to take off, but instead flips to its side although all motors appear to be ok....

Is there anyone in Arizona, specifically Chandler/Mesa/Tempe/Scottsdale are who might PLEASE be able to assist a new pilot in trying to now figure out whu this won't leave the ground ? Would poss be able to pay a consultation fee, etc. but It's killing me having finally been able to get a P2V and now it won't take off.

Thank you in advance,

Matthew

Hello Mathew,
Unfortunately I live in Florida, but would be glad to help!

First:
All tests from here on out, NO PROPS!

We don't need to crash it more, now
First, are you using OEM DJI props?
And vision props, not the new props for 2213 motors! If you use higher pitch props on old style motors, they can't handle extreme loads, such as sudden decents. Next prop guards aren't much help either in high speed maneuvers more of a training tool!

Ok
The worst is over, first thing we need to do is calibrations.

What have you done so far? Hooked to assistant?

I would first
Hook Tx to ( RC ASSISTANT )
Do a full calibration, if you have a dial wheel or 7th channel mod, calibrate these as well.
( this calibrates all potentiometers in Tx ) sticks ect.

Next
Hook phantom to ( PC ASSISTANT )
Do a FULL Tx calibration here as well.
( this will calibrate the Tx to the phantom )
Now
Set your phantom on a good level ( wooden if possible ) table, make sure phantom is as level and stable as possible, while still hooked to assistant, run an ADVANCED IMU CALIBRATION. If it says mc too hot just click through it, they all did that )
This will reset your gyros, and accelerometer.
When finished, take bird out side do a fresh COMPASS calibration.

Now give all batteries a fresh charge.

Now PROPS OFF, turn on motors at idle, try to stop motors one at a time, with your hands ( fingers ) if any stop by just your touch, there is an issue ( faulty or failing esc, or bad bearings ) you can increase motor speeds a bit and restest, motors should be strong through the speeds, if not, there is a problem, also check for ( motor temps after a minute of running ) if all checks out, motors feel strong, not hot, then

Time to pin her down for props on tests.
I use dive weights, 3x 2 pounders each leg, just use something heavy enough that it cannot lift off, even under full throttle!

Then run,
Tests with props on, rev it up, see if any motors are twitching or running slow, ect? Do not do touch tests with props on, lol
But run for approx, 5 minutes at full throttle, then test motor heat with it turned off, see if any motors are excessively hot! This s is sure sign of bad bearing/s. I can give you a code for a $10 set of boca bearings! Super high quality. These are their basic set, but still 5x better than stock DJI!
Get figure.

But if all tests pass, then take her out and try to lift off, go up full throttle to about chest height, let her hover, should be good stable hover ( might drift a bit ) that is ok, just a bit though, if it going 8' one way, no good, now if when you lift off, and she is unstable, land immediately , if this EVER happens you need to land, and do a calibration or compass cal.

Let us know how it goes! I personally use a thermal heat gun to test temps, but if there is a problem, you'll feel it, trust me!

Keep me informed on your tests, and if I can be further assistance!

J Dot
:cool:

Take care, Fly safe!

I can help you, have been flying drones for a long time as hobby and work related.

P3P drone with ND8 filter and dialed to 1080P/60 resolution and frame rate.
The image is straight from the SD card from the drone, no post production done.
In the future I might get an iMac to edit videos.

Hey Dacon,
First and foremost, MY APOLOGIES for taking so long to reply. Shortly after posting I was sent out of town for work a couple times and have had no time until now to pick back up on my crashed Phantom :(. I will also say that honestly, being my maiden flight, and crashing fatally, really, really disheartened me....That being behind me, I NEED to see this thing fly !! :)
I would definitely like your assistance. I am moving this week to Mesa, likely closer to you if in Gilbert, and if possible, next week, could we look into my P2 and see what exactly transpired and if this will ever take flight again ?!

I can help you, have been flying drones for a long time as hobby and work related.

Yes. What DJI do you have? I only worked on P3A/P3P/P4/Inspire.
Do not know the other models, I can help you as much as I cam, we can learn together.

Yes. If need help let me know, will help you.

I am new to the forum and I saw this thread so I was just wondering if thye got the help they needed?
I am in Mesa, AZ

So far nobody asked me for help. I have helped and trained a few flyers before.

If you need help let me know, I can assist you to get the thing going safe and secure.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl