Is there any way to down link to Android device on P2?

it may take some effort to go from that receiver to a tablet. From the link "Outputs composite SD analogue video" - does your tablet have any sort of Video-In plug? If so, you'll need to somehow get from the video-out on the FPV receiver, to the video-in on the tablet.

If the tablet does NOT have such an input... the short answer is no. longer answer is, maybe with some sort of super complicated method with some other video device in the middle broadcasting to a web page or whatever that your tablet can tune into... but it definitely won't be simple or easy.

you're better off with a more typical little FPV display but you can indeed get one without a receiver in it since you have a separate receiver.

Navman said:
In my thinking, if I can import video from a pc, why not live stream from the receiver on the back of the radio.

happy to help. all I can say is, transferring a video file from another source (as a file) vs streaming live video from a video feed are 2 entirely different things and tablets simply aren't set up to do the latter.

In other logic, if streaming a FPV feed live to a tablet like that were easy, there'd be a lot of folks around here doing it but there aren't :)

Yes, the Vision app (for Phantom 2 Vision series) can stream to any tablet or phone, but that's because the underlying technologies are completely different. Vision series Phantoms run their RC control on 5.8Ghz so as not to interfere with the wifi in the 2.4Ghz range that transmits to the Vision app. I'm not going into all the downsides related to this btw.
NON-Vision Phantom2's with 2.4Ghz control need 5.8Ghz FPV so that it doesn't interfere... that's why we all run little (usually 7") LCD displays with 5.8Ghz receivers built in, so they can take the over-the-air signal and display it right on the screen... that's what they're designed for. examples of course are the Black Pearl receiver and the RX-LCD5802

So far as I know, the only way to do this across a wide array of devices is to use an open platform as an intermediary. I've contemplated trying to produce a demonstration, that would act somewhat like DJI's range extender. Out of curiosity, how much would you pay for a system that achieved this?

Maybe someone can work something out with a Raspberry pi. That could receive the video out from a FPV Rx and stream via WiFi to smart device.

But what's the point? The image would still be just video resolution. And my cheap FPV screen has a better picture in bright sunlight than a galaxy or iPhone.

Navman said:
With it's daylight viewable OLED display on the Galaxy S 10.5 tablet I wonder if anyone has figured out a way to use it as an OSD with the P2?

I have the standard setup http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HHI ... UTF8&psc=1

Thanks a million!

If you want to spend some $$$ you can use a DJI LightBridge which can output to any HDMI device. The Galaxy Tab S can accept HDMI input via the mini-USB once developer options are turned on in the OS.

lake_flyer said:
But what's the point? The image would still be just video resolution. And my cheap FPV screen has a better picture in bright sunlight than a galaxy or iPhone.

Lake flyer I have an FPV screen and it's difficult to see well even with a hood with the sun to my back

As far as I know, Samsung is the first to introduce the AMOLED on it's S series tablets, you'd have to see it in sunlight to believe it.

I follow what you're saying, best to just make what I have now work.

I'll save the tablet for when they get the kinks worked out on the Inspire 1 :mrgreen:

spudraleigh said:
If you want to spend some $$$ you can use a DJI LightBridge which can output to any HDMI device. The Galaxy Tab S can accept HDMI input via the mini-USB once developer options are turned on in the OS.

Navman said:
lake_flyer said:

Lake flyer I have an FPV screen and it's difficult to see well even with a hood with the sun to my back

As far as I know, Samsung is the first to introduce the AMOLED on it's S series tablets, you'd have to see it in sunlight to believe it.

I haven't seen those yet but I'm sure they will be very nice and bright. It's just that the resolution is so big that the low res video image (640-400) would be 'smeared' over the many pixels of the tablet screen. Every original dot/line from te video is translated into multiple dots/lines, providing an image that looks like when you're looking through glass with a thin layer of wax on it.

It might be much better than I expect but I really have to see it first.

I follow what you're saying lake, at this point I don't understand everything I know about it.

Eyes aren't so young anymore, my goal is to cheat wherever I can!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4