Is there any way to charge an iPad mini 5 while flying a P4P?

Reaction score
I fly a lot of long multi battery mapping missions. My limiting factor is my iPad mini 5 runs out of juice before everything else. Is there a way to charge it while flying?

I fly a lot of long multi battery mapping missions. My limiting factor is my iPad mini 5 runs out of juice before everything else. Is there a way to charge it while flying?
That's funny to me because my iPad mini 5 charges off the controller batt. It never ever runs out. Must be a setting there somewhere but don't ask me, mines always done it.

That's funny to me because my iPad mini 5 charges off the controller batt. It never ever runs out. Must be a setting there somewhere but don't ask me, mines always done it.
That's my experience too. When connected, the RC charges the device I'm using. It's been the same with different drones: Phantom 3 Pro, Phantom 4 Pro v2 and Mavic Pro 2.
I don't recall seeing any settings for this in the DJI GO 4 App. Could this be in the tablet settings? (I'm not that familiar with iOS devices).

I'm running into the same problem with a Phantom 4 and an iPad4! This same hardware package used to charge the ipad but stopped at some point. I also have DroneDeploy in the mix on most of my flights.

It seems to be related to the capabilities of the cable used.

I haven’t correlated the specs to the cables that will charge yet. Some do, some don’t.

Try purchasing a short USB 3.2 Gen 2 (SuperSpeed) cable.

It seems to be related to the capabilities of the cable used.

I haven’t correlated the specs to the cables that will charge yet. Some do, some don’t.

Try purchasing a short USB 3.2 Gen 2 (SuperSpeed) cable.
Just looked up the USB 3.2 Gen 2 cable. That’s a USBc cable. Are there cables with that speed that are standard USB-A to Apple Lightning plugs? Not sure there are…
That’s pretty much what we need to connect an iPad to a phantom 4 pro controller right?

Unless the newest iPads are USBc. Mine is not.
And the phantom controllers have a standard USB-A

I thought that might be the case. But the iPad 5 and earlier definitely does not

8CCDDB90-A23D-48CC-8677-E3BBE901BA17.png

1B1C5466-AE4D-4953-B6A2-8E59FCB02A0B.jpeg

Just looked up the USB 3.2 Gen 2 cable. That’s a USBc cable. Are there cables with that speed that are standard USB-A to Apple Lightning plugs? Not sure there are…
That’s pretty much what we need to connect an iPad to a phantom 4 pro controller right?

Unless the newest iPads are USBc. Mine is not.
And the phantom controllers have a standard USB-A

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic