is there a way to turn the LED's off?

Not really. The orientation LEDs are integrated into the ESCs so you'd have to replace them. I do have a set of LEDs on my F450 that can be turned off remotely, but don't have it currently wired to a channel on the RX.

sar104 said:
phantom_medic said:
like in midflight?

You can unplug them from the main board, but then you won't know the status of the aircraft.

Yeah, that's the single NAZA LED. You can get the telemetry information via FPV and iOSD (voltage, # satellites, IOC and flight mode), which is how I assume you'd want to be flying you're blacked out. But the harder nut to crack is the orientation lights.

panhygrous pantler said:
Cover them with tape

+1 or you can paint the lenses with automotive blackout tailight tint which darkens them up. Or just add the E300 set up which totally eliminates those LED ESCs.

phantom_medic said:
the tape method wouldn't work as i would want on/off control while in flight. oh well, thanks anyway.

Yep, if you want to control from a channel, you need to black out or remove the ESCs, AND hook up the lights to an rx input. The following is one of the more complex ways to do it, but there are more turnkey solutions being sold. They all require a bit of soldering:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2144784

ElGuano said:
phantom_medic said:
the tape method wouldn't work as i would want on/off control while in flight. oh well, thanks anyway.

Yep, if you want to control from a channel, you need to black out or remove the ESCs, AND hook up the lights to an rx input. The following is one of the more complex ways to do it, but there are more turnkey solutions being sold. They all require a bit of soldering:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2144784

yeah, not that into modding it...ill deal with the lights as is. thanks for your input though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31