Is there a way to pop this back down?

Reaction score
image.jpeg
So today it tipped over on me from a gust of wind on take off and I noticed the motor was raised up? Any help would be nice to pop this back down. Do I need to replace the motor? Seems to work still but the one won't shut off without the props on on full speed when I tested it. Any help would be nice!

No the only thing I'm hearing is the camera shake. Seems solid. I don't even know if this was a result from it tipping over, I just noticed after ...it could have been like this before.

Definitely something wrong there.
My best guess is the clip came off the bottom side of the shaft letting the rotor float.

Don't fly it until you figure this out.
I won't! How do I access it? Is there a way to repair without replacing the motor?

I won't! How do I access it? Is there a way to repair without replacing the motor?
You most likely will have to take the shell apart to assess the damage. You can remove the motor screws and carefully lift the motor up, to see what the issue is-- do that and post a couple of pictures for us to look at.

you should find a little circlip/c clip in there somewhere
image.jpeg
Couldn't take the shell off now don't have the right tools but I took the screws out of the motor and pulled it out a bit more for a closer look. That's what's going on.

View attachment 36514 Couldn't take the shell off now don't have the right tools but I took the screws out of the motor and pulled it out a bit more for a closer look. That's what's going on.
yep, the clip came off. you will have to take it apart-- to have enough slack on the motor wires to put the motor back together.

So i can fix this? Is there any links to a video out there that would help me?
Search it on youtube-- there are motor repair instructions for outrunners-- they all basically assemble the same, There is a "c" locking ring on the rear of the shaft that holes it together. That may be all you need to do is replace that locking ring.

Is it still under warranty? Do you want to do the repair yourself?
Didn't he damage it on takeoff-- I would doubt that they would warranty that-- but you never know without asking.

Didn't he damage it on takeoff-- I would doubt that they would warranty that-- but you never know without asking.

Could be the motor came apart and caused it to tip like that....maybe....benefit of doubt?
In a case like this, it would seem the right thing to do would be to give the customer the BOTD.

On the other hand.....the stresses of hitting spinning props on the ground or any object could conceivably CAUSE the clip to pop off so if DJI has seen that repeatedly, and there is a known "cause and effect" relationship established then they might rightfully decline warranty in that case.

Speculation of course. Pure opinion.

I know some will disagree, but this "might" be another good reason to use prop guards if in fact hitting spinning prop on any object had the potential to pop those clips off (and I have the feeling it could). Something to think about maybe anyway.

Keep us posted whatever the outcome Robert. I have a P3A myself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31