Is there a way to manually install updates?

Reaction score
Hi,
I've been going round in circles on this for the best part of three hours now.

I've performed updates without an issue previously, but today I realized that two of my three batteries need updating separately (they are on 1.0.0.10 firmware and I keep getting "Invalid Battery" errors on boot).

I've got the P2V+ plugged into the Windows PC (I've tried two laptops, one on Win7, one on Win8.1 and one desktop on Win7 with the same result).

I downloaded and installed V3.8 of the Assistant, and the latest Windows drivers. Restarted the PC.

The Assistant sees the P2V+, and reports the current firmware versions as follows:

- Main Controller 3.08, upgrade to 3.10
- P330CB, 1.0.2.7, upgrade to 1.0.2.10

All others are up to date (I have an upgraded battery plugged in now).

OK, so here's the problem. If I wait for the update window to pop up I get "Download error please Refresh". I click refresh, but get the same error. Then after a few clicks it hangs up the Assistant and I have to kill it via Task Manager.

Alternatively, if I close the update window and click "Update All" I get a red message in the bottom right corner that says "Downloading Firmware (P330CB)...0%". And it stays on 0% forever.

Clearly the Assistant can see the DJI website in order to get the version numbers, but it's not downloading the updates.

Is it a problem with the website, or am I doing something wrong? I'm pretty sure this is what I did last time and the update worked fine.

Cheers,
Geoff

I'm having the same "Download Error refresh" to no avail. Wonder if it is server based.

At least I'm not alone :)

I assume it must be server-based, but the weird thing is I was able to pull down the Windows driver and latest assistant software.

It could be that the Windows apps are downloaded using HTTP, but within the Assistant app it's using FTP or TFTP to transfer the updates, and those processes are down on the server.

exactly the same here for updating the phantom, I tried several PC's, same result, I uninstalled assistant 3.6 and tried again assistant 3.8, same, i tried using assistant 3.6, same....

Then I tried to update my radio firmware with the new RC assistant 1.2 and I was surprised to get exactly the same "download error refresh" even though I was udating another system (Radio and not phantom) and with another assistant (RC assistant and not phantom assistant). Here also I tried several PC's, same, uninstalling the RC assistant 1.1, retried with asistant 1.2, same, then I tried assistant 1.1, same.....

Like you guys I had no problem downloading the assistants installation files from the DJI website so I guess you guys are right, it must be a problem with the DJI servers but only on the firmware side, lets hope the Chinese will find what's wrong and fix it fast

Cheers

Serge

Maybe they know there are problems in the new firmware....??

If I knew I'd virtually get a dead bird after the update I would have steered well clear...

Same error here in the Netherlands on both the RC as well as the Vision2+.

Just downloaded the new User manual V1.8. Took an hour (!) Maybe Performance issues at DJI's end. Logged a service request.

Ton

I'm no expert but I upgraded all firmware on Friday and have had error [25] IMU Failure ever since, and I'm not alone. There are quite a lot of reports of
the upgrade causing problems with the IMU. It would not surprise me if the upgraded firmware has been removed from the server until a revision is
available. Just guessing, but it was there yesterday and today it seems to have gone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic