Is there a way to know how long ago since a battery was last charged?

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here I've been trying to find a thread related to the question I have but so far, have turned up none. It's pretty straightforward;

Is there a way to know how long ago a particular battery was last charged? We all know the auto-discharge feature and the purpose of it in relation to battery health etc, etc. but the thing is I have three batteries and just labelled them as 1, 2 and 3. Now the thing is, I don't always get to use up all three, all of the time but I try to keep them all charged in case I get a chance TO fly (and use up all three). Obviously I want to use up the battery life with flying and not VIA the auto-discharge so is there a way to know how long ago was a battery's last charge? (So that I'll know which battery was charged the earliest and therefore the first I'll use) Am I missing a tab on the app or something?

If not, do you guys have any suggestions on how to keep track of this? I don't want to do anything invasive (my first idea was to put a sticker on one of the sides and write the date when I last charged a battery with whiteboard marker but it might cause the battery to heat up more than normal.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm using just a P3 Standard btw, although my question is very general.

I don't think there is a way to know how long it's been since a battery was last charged.

I've got four batteries and I try to rotate them, although I do sometimes favor one or another depending on the flight. But what I use is the cycle number. I try to keep all the batteries at the same or near the same cycle number. So in general I'd try to use the one with the lowest cycle number.

Is there a way to know how long ago a particular battery was last charged?
No, but you can see the number of times the battery was charged in "Aircraft Battery" section of the DJI GO app.

I never noticed a time stamp in the app showing last charge on a battery. You have your batteries numbered, so keep a small notebook in your case showing the date & time of your last charge. I use my iPhone or iPad to take notes. [emoji2]

I don't think there is a way to know how long it's been since a battery was last charged.

I've got four batteries and I try to rotate them, although I do sometimes favor one or another depending on the flight. But what I use is the cycle number. I try to keep all the batteries at the same or near the same cycle number. So in general I'd try to use the one with the lowest cycle number.

I do this too! But in pairs because the way I figured it is that I don't want to end up with four dead batteries (I'm aiming to buy another one) years down the line. Worse comes to worse, at least I'd still have a really old phantom with at least two working batteries.

I never noticed a time stamp in the app showing last charge on a battery. You have your batteries numbered, so keep a small notebook in your case showing the date & time of your last charge. I use my iPhone or iPad to take notes. [emoji2]

Yeah, looks like I'll end up doing this. I was hoping for a less 'manual' solution but hey if it works right? Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl