Is there a tracking device that CHARGES off phantom power?

Reaction score
I have more things to keep charged on the vision 2+ than I would like.

I really do not want something else to charge. It seems like someone should have a tracker that is charged by (not to be confused with powered by) the Phantom battery.

I will probably add a Flytrex in the future but even though they talk about never lose your phantom again, it really doesn't seem like a viable option. I assume if you lose connectivity with the Phantom and it happened to fly away (for whatever reason) then the Flytrex is not relaying data.

Re: Is there a tracking device that CHARGES off phantom powe

The Flytrex Live will still relay data if you loose control as it has a built-in mobile data connection.

Thank you for clarifying that. Did not realize it would. Just went back to their site and see it talks about SIM and getting a T-Mobile plan.

I assume that it runs totally off the PV2+ battery and if you pop battery out on crash its done.

rrmccabe said:
I assume that it runs totally off the PV2+ battery and if you pop battery out on crash its done.

That is true but, as it is updating your position multiple times per second, your Phantom's location would be in close proximity to where it lost power.

I am wondering if that's true in all locations (US in my case).

The technology it uses is almost dead in my area. I don't think the MAJOR cell carriers around here offer it. I will check but for me it doesn't seem like a good option as I have been told the coverage is spotty but I dont know that for fact.

As i see it the only adequate solution is the use of a beacon often seen in wild animals docu.
They collar let say a lion with that beacon and then they can track it down whenever they like to.
HAM radio guys here also use it in whats know as " fox hunting ".
I dug into it but as of now still no really good solution.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj