Is there a specific calibration sequence?

Reaction score
Hey guys

Might have been asked before but I couldn't find it after searching

Is there a Specific Sequence all the calibrations need to be done in?

If, as a starting block for you all, you have a Brand New P3P and its not even been out of the box yet, so everything needed doing from Scratch including firmwares, is there a specific order?

I will be doing this Saturday so if anyone has any input I would appreciate it :)

BTW also on a Tangent, I have installed the latest version of the DJI GO app on my iPad Air 2 as I want to take advantage of the Simulator in the Winter as the UK weather is crap, even in the Summer!!!

Does the P3P need to be connected to the App and switched on for the simulator to work or will it work as a stand alone ?

Cheers guys

Chris

Last edited:
So does the Simulator require the P3P to actually be switched on???

Seems a little strange if it does lol

So does the Simulator require the P3P to actually be switched on???

Seems a little strange if it does lol
As noted a few times, yes the P3 needs to be on and connected for the simulator to work.

One reason is that some of the settings are stored on the P3 and not in the app. To get the most realistic simulated experience for each user, the sim wants to execute to the users settings. Otherwise the user could practice one way, but have their P3 react a different way in real life.

I get that reasoning and it makes sense, but I do wish there was a way to use the sim without the P3 being on.

Cheers!

Updating the firmware isn't required at first, especially if you are new to phantoms.
The only thing you really must do is the compass since it's travelled so far since it was last turned on (presumably) to test in China.
An IMU and gimbal calibration would be sensible but probably not essential unless the app says you should.
Those need doing on an undisturbed level surface indoors beforehand.
The Compass should be done outside where you are going to fly.

Updating the firmware isn't required at first, especially if you are new to phantoms.
The only thing you really must do is the compass since it's travelled so far since it was last turned on (presumably) to test in China.
An IMU and gimbal calibration would be sensible but probably not essential unless the app says you should.
Those need doing on an undisturbed level surface indoors beforehand.
The Compass should be done outside where you are going to fly.
Updating the firmware is required..since when is the users experience a factor in whether or not to update.

Update the firmware using the latest firmware from the DJI site. Update the DJI Go App. Also. Check the txt file to see if the update is successful.

Updating the firmware is required..since when is the users experience a factor in whether or not to update.
If you want to spend a couple of hours reading about FW upgrades, then they are here to read. The whole P3 upgrade issues are well discussed here. Upgrades may not be required unless you might be on some of the older versions like 1.2.6 and 1.2.8-- depends on which version you are on. Some of the folks are still flying on 1.1.9-- probably nothing earlier. The latest versions are 1.3.2 for the Controller and 1.4.1 for the Phantom which work will with the New DJI Go App 2.2.0. I think most have upgraded to those versions considering the new GO APP release which has Intelligent Flight Control Modes

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20