Is there a new P3 shell design to prevent cracks?

Reaction score
Recently purchased:
1. Brand new P3P from DJI.com (arrived 9/14/15)
2. UAV Strong Arm Kit

I'd really prefer not to use the strong arm kit if I don't have to.

1. I've heard there was a new shell design in recent shipments, does anyone have pictures of the new shell design? Or comparison between old and new?
2. Are the differences on the inside or outside of the shell? I've attached a shot of mine.
3. Has anyone used the strong arm kit from day 1 ever seen any stress cracks?
4. Would you need to remove the strong arm kit to check for stress cracks?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to install the strong arms kit or to take my chances without it. If it develops cracks, I'll just send it in for warranty repair. I assume it'll crack within the first year if it is going to crack.

FullSizeRender.jpg

My previous thread, early today covered this. A few forum members posted the internals of the arms, I'm guessing you already have them. Although one guy said, even with the new design it only lasted 40 flights, which is a bit off putting.

When I finally get the drone I won't be using this extra fixtures.

DJI said they would honour warranty repairs for the cracks (even though the text states the frame is not covered by warranty), I got the email direct from DJI Europe HQ (Germany).

My previous thread, early today covered this. A few forum members posted the internals of the arms, I'm guessing you already have them. Although one guy said, even with the new design it only lasted 40 flights, which is a bit off putting.

When I finally get the drone I won't be using this extra fixtures.

DJI said they would honour warranty repairs for the cracks (even though the text states the frame is not covered by warranty), I got the email direct from DJI Europe HQ (Germany).

Link to previous thread which shows pictures of internals on new shells?

Recently purchased:
1. Brand new P3P from DJI.com (arrived 9/14/15)
2. UAV Strong Arm Kit

I'd really prefer not to use the strong arm kit if I don't have to.

1. I've heard there was a new shell design in recent shipments, does anyone have pictures of the new shell design? Or comparison between old and new?
2. Are the differences on the inside or outside of the shell? I've attached a shot of mine.
3. Has anyone used the strong arm kit from day 1 ever seen any stress cracks?
4. Would you need to remove the strong arm kit to check for stress cracks?

I'm trying to decide whether or not to install the strong arms kit or to take my chances without it. If it develops cracks, I'll just send it in for warranty repair. I assume it'll crack within the first year if it is going to crack.

View attachment 30779

Same here.. I have the kit but I'm not going to install it. I want a bird that has no issues with stress cracks.. I'll send it back if it Develops stress cracks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik