Is there a GPS App to recover Phantom 2's?

Reaction score
I'm starting to get paranoid after my first flight did 1 fly aways.

Doe's anyone know what app I can use to help me locate my P2 just in case?

Well. I was thinking that maybe for the ones that use the P2 with a hero3+ the GoPro has a new feature that using your Iphone helps you track your camera, it like as you are closer to it the freacuancy of the beeps that the Iphone will make increses. I used it here in my house for a test, and it works. Thats why i always fly with my gropro on it, even if im not recording. Because i will be abble to track the drone in a extreme situation.

The other things is buy in ebay a tracking device like this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spy-Mini-Global ... 417df30ba3

It uses Global Position System and 3g to comunicate by sms to a phone.

Not familiar with the GoPro location program BUT if it uses the Bluetooth function of the GoPro you cannot use it with the P2. The P2 uses the same frequency for control as Bluetooth so they CANNOT be used at the same time.
I have heard that the one you referenced on Ebay does indeed NOT use GPS but triangulation which is far less accurate.

I would take flyaways very seriously. They unfortunately do happen too often so a locator is in my mind a must. A month ago I lost my 2 week old P2 and GoPro. I now have a "Marco Polo" locator for my new one which arrives today.

Tom

marcosmendez said:
the GoPro has a new feature that using your Iphone helps you track your camera, it like as you are closer to it the freacuancy of the beeps that the Iphone will make increses.

not really.

"There’s a “Locate Camera” option which makes the camera emit a beep and the LEDs flash but not if you have the lights and button press beeps disabled in the menus. It isn’t a GPS locator with a map unfortunately."
http://www.eoshd.com/content/9399/a-loo ... te-control

You would have to be within wifi range to even use that option. The phone has no idea where the camera is, it just tells the GoPro to beep. Not very useful for finding a lost drone.

Guys,

You really do not want to have your gopro wifi turned on, unless you are using a 5.8 TX. Big chance of causing a flyaway.

Cheers,

Kev

Garmin "Tracker" mobile app works well with the Garmin GTU 10 tracker. (Discontinued but still works great and can be found if you look for it).

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik