Is there a general consensus....

Reaction score
I know there are alot of variables related to this question - but is there a general consensus as to what is a reasonable Low Battery Warning % and also a Critically Low Warning % -- that would allow the longest flying time? What do you have yours set at?

30%/20% are the settings I use as well. Anything less than that gives you very little time to react and bring it home before it auto lands. Murphy's Law applies here ... when you hit critical power, your Phantom will be in the worst possible location to auto land (over water, trees, a highway, etc.), or a heavy headwind that will quickly eat up what little battery you have left if low battery alarm is less than 30%. Somewhat conservative, but my P3S has always returned. Hope yours does too.

30% and 10% here. Personal I feel 20% is too high for the critically low setting, because that's the number it will auto land on you right where it's at. Over a lake maybe? In my mind that should be a min. setting, just what's needed to land for the height you normally fly at.

I agree with the 30 and 10.
But remember flying below 40 is eating into the long term life of the battery.

22% and 10% here. Tell me all you like how i am ruining my batteries, but coming up to 50 cycles on my oldest battery and i still get 20 minutes every flight going down to 20-25%

22% and 10% here. Tell me all you like how i am ruining my batteries, but coming up to 50 cycles on my oldest battery and i still get 20 minutes every flight going down to 20-25%
I've never heard about this going under 40% hurts your batteries either. Just as long as you're storing them in the 30 or 50% range. But I have to ask, 22% how/why?

I've never heard about this going under 40% hurts your batteries either. Just as long as you're storing them in the 30 or 50% range. But I have to ask, 22% how/why?
Well i like to run my batteries down to 20-25% and the low battery warning gets quite annoying when i am getting my final pictures for the flight so i just lowered the warning randomly. That level happened to be 22% i never bothered to change it and it seems to work well for me.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj