Is there a free drone sim I can use to practice?...

Personally I would highly recommend that, assuming you are a new flier, to get a smaller drone such as a Syma to practice with. They are very inexpensive and will do you well in the long run. Granted you will not have the GPS capabilities, but they fly very similar without using GPS. It will give you the similar flight characteristics such that you would be able to fly a Phantom or Mavic in emergency situations with ease. Real flight is so much more valuable than a simulator.

Personally I would highly recommend that, assuming you are a new flier, to get a smaller drone such as a Syma to practice with. They are very inexpensive and will do you well in the long run. Granted you will not have the GPS capabilities, but they fly very similar without using GPS. It will give you the similar flight characteristics such that you would be able to fly a Phantom or Mavic in emergency situations with ease. Real flight is so much more valuable than a simulator.
Could you suggest which Syma I should get? And can any of them use a phone so you can see thru the camera? Could ya suggest one with the camera/phone option?

The Syma's do not use a display device. That is really more the point for learning. I still use my Syma X5C on occasion just for practice and fun flying. It's more for visual control, which operates basically the same as it does on the Phantom without GPS, except for altitude control when in manual flying. I suggested that because they are very inexpensive and will get you used to the stick controls and visual orientation of the drone itself. You will need to know that, even with the more automation of the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl