Is there a big difference in ND filter brands?

Are there any poor quality ND filter brands or are they pretty much the same? Looking for a set for p 4.
I have a set made by Newer. Work fine for my needs, but I'm not shooting anything for commercial use. For my Canon DSLR I tried several name brands and a few off-brands. Honestly couldn't tell the difference.

Look for "variable" vs. exact numbers. You can dial it as much or little as you need.

You can get poor quality in just about any product. When you find one your thinking of buying look for user testimonials. To the extent there are differences it will be principally with unnatural colour rendition and the quality or complete absence of optical coatings to control flare and internal reflection (front and rear of element).

Are there any poor quality ND filter brands or are they pretty much the same?
I keep a list of commonly used P4 filter brands here. From that list, I like the DJI, Freewell, TACO-RC, and PolarPro filters the best (I own them all).

Maybe it's just me, but I have a set of older Polar Pro filters that are too heavy for my P4 gimbal. The gimbal is shaky and mostly unstable with the added weight. I have done everything to possibly remedy including calibration on the gimbal, to no avail. Anyone else have that issue with earlier PP filters? I have the PL, 8 and 16.

Maybe it's just me, but I have a set of older Polar Pro filters that are too heavy for my P4 gimbal. The gimbal is shaky and mostly unstable with the added weight. I have done everything to possibly remedy including calibration on the gimbal, to no avail. Anyone else have that issue with earlier PP filters? I have the PL, 8 and 16.
When I was looking for filters I saw those. Off the top of my head model # started 8001 I think? They quit making those and places are selling those at a discount to get rid of them. The newer ones start with #5001 I think? Anyway old one starts with #8, newer one starts with #5.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4