Is the Phantom 4 painted White at the factory?

Reaction score
Hello all,

I joined this great form a bit ago in preparation for my reception of was to be a gently used Phantom 4 standard. I received the quad today via UPS and opened it to find it was less that was described in the eBay listing posted by its last owner. It was clearly crashed previously and in a substandard condition (at least by my reasonable standards).
The question I have is whether or not there is a layer or paint or clear coat from the factory?

The F/L arm has some crash damage and some paint or clear coat has chipped away in the affected area. I immediate became concerned that this might denote some extensive "repairs" to mash the damage.

Would you pay $600 for a P4 standard (Used...and not lightly) that came with undisclosed damage? See the pictures attached below.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 527
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 534
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 539
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 543
You can always try to confront seller for item not being as described and you can maybe get help from Ebay to return the item or get partial refund from the seller.

If I knew that it was with those damages I would not pay $600.
Have you tried it, how its working in the air?

Like " zgembit " says above, If your the least bit not satisfied, Open a "Item Not As Described" with e bay, especially if it wasn't described as "crashed".. Don't wait.. Go to the top of the e bay home page & click on "help & Contact"
Good luck

Reactions: DarkWolf
Thanks guys!

BTW: What does it mean when the P4 is flashing yellow and red while armed?

I will be sticking with my trusty Mavic I guess. The return process has been initiated on the P4. There were just too many things wrong with it right off the bat for me to accept its condition for the price paid.

Reactions: Bakersfield Quad
Ya did right..

The P4 is not painted at all, at least the all white version. It's the same tough white plastic through and through. There's no surface coating either. I have replaced the shell on my P4, which involves complete disassembly and transfer of all interior parts. Not an easy job, but easier with repetition. I made a mistake soldering the motor wires to the ESC boards and had to do it over. While doing that I nicked the ribbon cable connector to one of the two ESC boards and had weird problems. So I had to open it up a third time and replace the ribbon cable. You get to know your aircraft really well that way. Not recommended for anyone who has no experience soldering or working with advanced electronic systems, and it requires buying some special torx and hex screwdrivers. There are some YouTube how-to videos to help you the first time. I would have made a real mess if I hadn't watched some how-to.

Dont know if you removed it for thephotos- but there is supposed to be a circular clear lens over those leds?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic