Is the p3p 1080 video superior to the advanced?

Reaction score
I've read somewhere that the p3p has better 1080 video than the advanced. Is this true?

I have both but I didn't buy the Pro for 1080... Here's the Advanced 1080... 1080 is 1080 but the Pro has way better clarity on the screen with the adjustable bitrate. That from what I can see is the biggest advantage the Pro has. If you don't have a 4K tv then 4k looks like1080...

I had P3A and now P3P. I observe noticeable improvement in quality over HDMI port on my goggles.

Videos appear better on SD card, may be my eyes psychological illusion. :)

Reactions: DMac and Reed L
Reed can you elaborate what you mean? So 1080p/60 frames will be identical with the p3a/p3p? Are others experiencing 1080 quality differences?

Curious as to what goggles you ended up with alokbhargava?
For casual viewing, I use Mybud as its easy to handle but for real pleasure I use Sony HMZ-T3W while relaxing on a chair. It's heavy piece with lots of cables :)

Looking for a better one.

I shoot 4K but output HD via Final Cut. With 4K source I can crop or straighten the horizon better compared to HD source.

Reed can you elaborate what you mean? So 1080p/60 frames will be identical with the p3a/p3p? Are others experiencing 1080 quality differences?
You buy a P3P for the 4K but actually seeing a difference in the 1080 when shooting a movie isn't going to be noticeable. Whether it's shot at 60 frames or 24, when the editing is done the difference won't be seen in the completed movie.

I don't think you would notice the difference between comparisons of 1080 to 1080. You will notice a difference between P3A 1080 and P3P 4k Downrez to 1080.

I don't think you would notice the difference between comparisons of 1080 to 1080. You will notice a difference between P3A 1080 and P3P 4k Downrez to 1080.
You will notice the difference on HDMI port which receives 720p transmission.

They should be very close if not the same at 1080p. The Advanced shoots 1080p with a 60mbps bitrate just like the Professional. Then it shoots 2k with 45mpbs bitrate while the Professional shoots 4k at 60mpbs so the 4k downsized to 1080p should be a little better than the 2k downsized to 1080p but not a huge difference. If you don't need 4k the Advanced is more than enough but this is my opinion.

They have the same sensor and same lens as far as I can tell. It should be **** close when both shooting at 1080P.

If you are downsizing from a 4K file, I would say the quality output is only as good as your conversion software and what you are doing to the file. For example, if you are cropping in .vs simply converting down from the 4K, there will be a difference in the 1080P output.

Due to the p3p having a 4K DSP chip it will always have a marginally better end result. The dsp is not shared on the p3p therefore it is able to do a better job of processing the info. With that said most people won't notice the difference with the naked eye.

Go Enjoy whatever aircraft you have !!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: m0j0

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj