Is the Mavic getting better distance than the Pro 3 ?

Reaction score
I was thinking about upgrading the Pro 3 to the 4.. But Distance is a factor for me and many of the reviewers claim the pro 3 has slightly better distance than the 4..

Is the Mavic getting much better distance than the Pro 3 ?

Is the Mavic getting much better distance than the Pro 3 ?
The specs for the Mavic indicate a longer range is possible than for the P3.
P3: Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

Mavic: FCC Compliant: 4.3 mi (7 km);
CE Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km) (Unobstructed, free of interference)

Of course there are many variables that affect range and can help you get more or less than the specs.

Reactions: beakeru2
even if it was, the battery mods on the p3 are more superior right now, but they are definitely putting in work for modding the mavic w/ a dual battery.

The specs for the Mavic indicate a longer range is possible than for the P3.
P3: Up to 5 km or 3.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when FCC compliant
Up to 3.5 km or 2.1 miles (unobstructed, free of interference) when CE compliant

Mavic: FCC Compliant: 4.3 mi (7 km);
CE Compliant: 2.5 mi (4 km) (Unobstructed, free of interference)

Of course there are many variables that affect range and can help you get more or less than the specs.
That is good news.. right now I get about 400 feet up and about 900 feet out before I start getting shakey video signals... I would like to be able to stretch it out just a little more... Sounds like the Mavic just might be the answer...

That is good news.. right now I get about 400 feet up and about 900 feet out before I start getting shakey video signals... I would like to be able to stretch it out just a little more... Sounds like the Mavic just might be the answer...
If you are only getting 900 feet with a Lightbridge P3, something's not right.
In a good interference-free area, with proper antenna orientation it will go for a few miles easily.

even if it was, the battery mods on the p3 are more superior right now, but they are definitely putting in work for modding the mavic w/ a dual battery.
It's been optimised to get max performance by being lightweight.
The Mavic is not a load carrier and lumbering it with extra weight is likely to handicap it more so than the Phantom.

Reactions: tml4191

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair