Is the ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter SMA connector male? F?

Reaction score
Hi all,

I saw a thread a while back where a guy ordered the FPVLR antenna and there was some mixup about whether the SMA connector was male or female, etc. I've looked on the Immersion RC website and it doesn't say whether the SMA connector is male or female.

Can anyone confirm?

Re: Is the ImmersionRC 600mw transmitter SMA connector male?

Wonderful. Thank you! Now off to order some toys. :)

(it does seem quite odd that the RP-SMA connector WITH a pin is the FEMALE one... That flies in the face of every other kind of connector I've ever known!)

Nonetheless, I now have an Immersion Tx, Black Pearl (7ch), FPVLR set, iOSD Mini and plug&play cable from Amazon all on their way to me. Very much looking forward to building them all up. :)

Hah, wow. Thanks for the explanation there Tony, that's some very interesting history. "Best laid plans," I guess, right? Womp womp…

Anyway, I placed an order on your website on Wednesday for the P2 pinwheels+helical set (mine are the ones going to Maine… I'm getting married up there this coming week!). I haven't gotten any sort of a shipment notification, but I hope they've shipped out! I'm going to need them to shoot some aerials of my wedding tent, etc!

Many thanks!

Hi Tony,

I had been told that your antenna kit for the Phantom 2 (here: http://fpvlr.com/shop/index.php?route=p ... =phantom+2) was compatible with the Immersion 600mw 5.8GHz transmitter, but I just read on your website:
"make sure your transmitter has RP-SMA FEMALE (pin in the middle)"

Unless I'm mistaken, the Immersion 600mw transmitter has an SMA female port, not an RP-SMA port, like you said above is required!

Please clarify this for me!

I am planning to use your Phantom 2 antenna kit with an Immersion 600mw vtx and a Black Pearl 7ch (SMA) receiver.

Please let me know!

Womp womp...
Well, looks like I'm going to have to send back the FPVLR antennae then and swap them for the right ones (which means I won't have them for my wedding... hopefully the stock antennae on the Immersion & Black Pearl will be sufficient for the time being).

I'm really surprised, because the FPVLR set I ordered was the one that everyone was linking to on these forums in reference to the Immersion+Black Pearl setup.

Given the popularity of that setup, it would probably be helpful to have a caution on the website saying "if you're using the Immersion and Black Pearl, don't order this set, you need this set over here." Yes, it is our responsibility as buyers to buy the right product, but it is really confusing and unclear, and a little help from the retailer would be very much appreciated)

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj