Is shaking on fast decent normal?

Reaction score
Totally stock 1.1.1 and when I come down fast it wobbles. Just checking to make sure that's normal.

Sounds normal to me. Prop wash. I try to never fast decent because I don't want to send it out of control. I would be careful and go slow on decent.

That is normal and it is a warning that you are approaching a flight mode that can cause a loss of control of the craft (vortex ring state AKA settling with power AKA rotor stall).

I recommend reading up on that and when you encounter it you need to move the right stick in ANY direction to try and break out of your rotor wash. That will stop the wobble and prevent you from loosing control of the craft.

Check this:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrsGM0PzQFo[/youtube]

And this.

If you search this forum you'll find many threads about the subject already.

LandYachtMedia said:
That is normal and it is a warning that you are approaching a flight mode that can cause a loss of control of the craft (vortex ring state AKA settling with power AKA rotor stall).

I recommend reading up on that and when you encounter it you need to move the right stick in ANY direction to try and break out of your rotor wash. That will stop the wobble and prevent you from loosing control of the craft.

Ahhh, so moving in any direction AND descending quickly is the way to go?

btothemalm said:
Sounds normal to me. Prop wash. I try to never fast decent because I don't want to send it out of control. I would be careful and go slow on decent.

Got it. Its just that when it gets too high I get nervous and want it down ASAP!

HoverMan said:
LandYachtMedia said:

Ahhh, so moving in any direction AND descending quickly is the way to go?

That is the way to go. You can descend much faster without stalling when you are moving laterally. That does assume that you are not moving with a tail wind. If you are moving with a tail wind you could still have a problem with a fast decent because the wind will be blowing your rotor wash along with you.

So if possible you will want to travel into or across the wind but not with the wind.

If your about to see your phantom hit the ground on a fast decent, it's normal to shake, probably swear a bit too :lol: :lol:

FlyingFox said:
If your about to see your phantom hit the ground on a fast decent, it's normal to shake, probably swear a bit too :lol: :lol:

Been there! Max thrust!!! :lol:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4