Is Safety the Top Priority?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is that what it takes before someone with half a brain realizes a Phantom 3 with Firmware 1.2.6 currently is able to drop from the sky right on a infant in a stroller being pushed through the local public park?

Whether it's an infant, kids on the play ground, 5yr old learning to play tennis at the tennis court area,.....it just seems there is no serious effort put into action as a most important preventative.

Why does it take the worse to happen before those that drag their *** to get in most cases the simplest of things in motion?

If there was an actual general concern with public safety, this firmware issue would have been addressed not long after the reports began to pop up with P3P's falling to whatever below.

Anyone who has or has raised children such as myself tends to be a little more cautious when it comes to safety. Not only the safety side of it, but should someone's child get struck in the head resulting in death, we can be assured our hobby as we now know it will change. And it wont be for the better either.

I think most of us know it should only take minutes with in a hour to rename firmware 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 to v1.2.9. That would at least allow our P3P's to become stable once again and give those of us a piece of mind our P3P is safe to fly. My 1st flight after installing 1.2.6 was the only flight I made with that firmware installed. My P3P has since sat on the shelf. Each day that goes by you can read from a new thread where someone has suffered a crash.

I actually said a prayer today asking to keep everyone safe while waiting for the firmware update to take place.

Please DJI give us back the necessary firmware.

Reactions: zincsoldier
FnF,

I totally agree with your sentiment and concerns... 100%.

BUT... you [proverbial] should not be operating any kind of r/c aircraft in or near public parks or tennis courts.
Can anyone link (point) to any govt., or otherwise, documentation condoning such?

I would never fly my r/c 'plank' or CP-heli in these areas let alone an aircraft with 4X props.

Reactions: acherman
Please think of the children!

Come on already. Fly where it's safe. And think of other things, too.

I am happy I am still running the firmware that was installed when I bought it

I think most of us know it should only take minutes with in a hour to rename firmware 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 to v1.2.9. That would at least allow our P3P's to become stable once again and give those of us a piece of mind our P3P is safe to fly.

Speaking of...has anyone actually tried doing this? I was thinking about it the other day. I mean, it could be that the firmware version check that prevents you from installing old versions simply checks the name...worth a try anyway. Do at your own risk of course...

Is that what it takes before someone with half a brain realizes a Phantom 3 with Firmware 1.2.6 currently is able to drop from the sky right on a infant in a stroller being pushed through the local public park?

Whether it's an infant, kids on the play ground, 5yr old learning to play tennis at the tennis court area,.....it just seems there is no serious effort put into action as a most important preventative.

Why does it take the worse to happen before those that drag their *** to get in most cases the simplest of things in motion?

If there was an actual general concern with public safety, this firmware issue would have been addressed not long after the reports began to pop up with P3P's falling to whatever below.

Anyone who has or has raised children such as myself tends to be a little more cautious when it comes to safety. Not only the safety side of it, but should someone's child get struck in the head resulting in death, we can be assured our hobby as we now know it will change. And it wont be for the better either.

I think most of us know it should only take minutes with in a hour to rename firmware 1.1.8 or 1.1.9 to v1.2.9. That would at least allow our P3P's to become stable once again and give those of us a piece of mind our P3P is safe to fly. My 1st flight after installing 1.2.6 was the only flight I made with that firmware installed. My P3P has since sat on the shelf. Each day that goes by you can read from a new thread where someone has suffered a crash.

I actually said a prayer today asking to keep everyone safe while waiting for the firmware update to take place.

Please DJI give us back the necessary firmware.

I think Frank meant it would take DJI minutes to do this. I am pretty sure the firmware we have now wont downgrade because the current signature shows newer. Not just a matter of literally renaming the file. The updates are smarter than that.

Someone with half a brain should realize that flying these things anywhere involves some risk. If OP is so concerned with public safety then sell yours and write your local lawmakers to get them banned.... Life comes with risk, don't be so dramatic.

. Not just a matter of literally renaming the file. The updates are smarter than that.

Are you sure about that? After poking around the firmware, I can't be so quick to agree with you on that one! :p

Are you sure about that? After poking around the firmware, I can't be so quick to agree with you on that one! :p
Easy test. Give it a shot.

I haven't upgraded my firmware yet, I see no reason yet as mine flies well and the latest firmware brings no new features

I understand that. As I said above I don't know this for a fact but I think DJI has changed things where you can't downgrade.

I am new to P3 from a V+. Has anyone downgraded with success?

Everyone should contact their insurance companies and get a personal liabilities policy.. Best known secret applicable to so many accidents.. While unlikely to ever be needed, I have one for very cheap one-time fee that covers for me 2.5 million + defense in court, in the event I hurt someone (not purposeful) or somehow contribute to a situation where someone sues me for any number of things.

What aspect of the current firmware are you concerned could make your Phantom drop from the sky?

What page of topics in this forum since the release of 1.2.6 does not contain a thread of someones quad falling from the sky? I can understand you not visiting each and every thread, but how could you miss them?

Everyone should contact their insurance companies and get a personal liabilities policy.. Best known secret applicable to so many accidents.. While unlikely to ever be needed, I have one for very cheap one-time fee that covers for me 2.5 million + defense in court, in the event I hurt someone (not purposeful) or somehow contribute to a situation where someone sues me for any number of things.

Do you have that through your homeowner's policy (rider) or is that a separate policy? If so through who? I contacted one company that offers UAV insurance but it was almost $1500 a year which is more than I want to pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20