Is PowerDirector video editing only?

Reaction score
I'm trying to edit a image from my P3. Will power director allow me to do this?

Not that I know of. You can make slideshows with power director but I don't remember any image editor functions inside it.

There are quite a few free online (cloud based) image editors if you don't have one though.

If you buy power director 13 you should get photo director as part of the package which can edit dng raw files

I bought ultimate .. I think they sell the photo editor separate.
I bought a cheapo package off them a year ago for €49 and I got the photo director thrown in for free along with a lot of other stuff. I have to say it's not the easiest software to use for a first timer but after a year of playing around with it I'm starting to finally get it. It's the same with photoshop, you could do a 7 year degree course with it and still learn something new the day after your exams

I bought a cheapo package off them a year ago for €49 and I got the photo director thrown in for free along with a lot of other stuff. I have to say it's not the easiest software to use for a first timer but after a year of playing around with it I'm starting to finally get it. It's the same with photoshop, you could do a 7 year degree course with it and still learn something new the day after your exams

Wish I could have got the photo editor as well!

I personally use Adobe Light Room and Photoshop for editing. Basic cropping and color adjustments in Light Room, more sophisticate stuff in Photoshop. Of course that's kind of spendy. Lightroom is $150. Photoshop is now subscription only. $10 a month will get you access to both Photoshop and Lightroom. I suppose that's not too bad. But I can't bring myself to go to a subscription model for software.

Photoshop elements is fairly inexpensive. $60 and it has just about any of the features most people would use. There is a combo Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements version for $90. That would cover both still and video editing.

I have a copy of both PowerDirector and Pinnacle Studio for video editing. I'll probably stick with Power Director. It's pretty feature rich and highly rated as a non-professional editor.

I want to get element 13 for photos but not sure that's a good idea using 2 different editing programs. Could get confusing.

I personally use Adobe Light Room and Photoshop for editing. Basic cropping and color adjustments in Light Room, more sophisticate stuff in Photoshop. Of course that's kind of spendy. Lightroom is $150. Photoshop is now subscription only. $10 a month will get you access to both Photoshop and Lightroom. I suppose that's not too bad. But I can't bring myself to go to a subscription model for software.

Photoshop elements is fairly inexpensive. $60 and it has just about any of the features most people would use. There is a combo Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements version for $90. That would cover both still and video editing.

I have a copy of both PowerDirector and Pinnacle Studio for video editing. I'll probably stick with Power Director. It's pretty feature rich and highly rated as a non-professional editor.

Since I have PowerDirector already, should I get Adobe elements for stills? Will this be confusing using 2 different programs?

Video and Photo editing are done very differently. I wouldn't worry about it getting confusing. There isn't much cross over in skills between the two. Photoshop (including elements) is so ubiquitous that there are plenty of great resources for learning it too. Books, YouTube tutorials and more.

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland
Video and Photo editing are done very differently. I wouldn't worry about it getting confusing. There isn't much cross over in skills between the two. Photoshop (including elements) is so ubiquitous that there are plenty of great resources for learning it too. Books, YouTube tutorials and more.
I'll give it a shot.. Thanks!

Reactions: Mal_PV2_Ireland

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj