Is my p3a safe to fly?

received an RMA from dji and a fedEx shipping label. The bird going out monday :)

Hi - I've just noticed a couple of cracks on the underside of the motors. 1 hairline crack on the left arm mount & a tiny hole on the right arm mount. Both in the plastic where the screws are (where the plastic looks thinner) Both arms are at the back/ rear of the phantom.

It was purchased in July & had about 110 hrs flight time - the vast majority of flight is slow & steady stick movements, very rarely do I 100% throttle, although I do like to do a hoon take off occasionally with close to 100% forward/ ascent

What is the best way to contact DJI in your opinion? What is an RMA?

Thanks

Last edited:
So i sent it in to dji, they replaced the top part of the shell, put new stickers and everything on it. Turn around time was about 2 1/2 weeks from the time i sent it out, to the time i got it back. They covered shipping both ways. I was really gonna replace the whole shell, but dji save me some cash since i was not charged for this work. Before I got the phantom, I was really leaning towards the yuneec typhoon 4k because i heard so much bad stories on dji customer service. They took care of me and stand behind there product. I checked all the bolts and what not to make sure everything is tighten. I will also update the firmware and the 3 batteries and register the phantom with the FAA before my next flight. I will definitely get the next phantom that drops (4k) this time around. :)

Last edited:
Hi - I've just noticed a couple of cracks on the underside of the motors. 1 hairline crack on the left arm mount & a tiny hole on the right arm mount. Both in the plastic where the screws are (where the plastic looks thinner) Both arms are at the back/ rear of the phantom.

It was purchased in July & had about 110 hrs flight time - the vast majority of flight is slow & steady stick movements, very rarely do I 100% throttle, although I do like to do a hoon take off occasionally with close to 100% forward/ ascent

What is the best way to contact DJI in your opinion? What is an RMA?

Thanks

I did the online chat via there website, and went from there

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4