Is my Immersion 600mw burnt?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I thought i would ask you guys this question because im kinda unsure my self if my immersion 600mw transmitter got burned out. I soldered the 5v output instead of the power wire by accident. My transmitter still works but im not sure why im getting bad signal. I want to know if maybe the power amps had burnt out or just the stock rubber ducky antennas are the problem. If you need more pictures just let me know. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• immersion.jpg
    immersion.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 734
  • immersion otherside.jpg
    immersion otherside.jpg
    409.5 KB · Views: 638
Is that heat shrink melted through in the upper left of the board? Make sure you don't power it up without an antenna attached or that will burn it out.

Yes sir it is. Im guessing that melted off. Antenna was on the whole time but i soldered the 5v output wire instead of the Battery power wire and im guessing causing the transmitter to burn when i first turned it on.There was a a little smoke but im not sure if thats from heat shrink or burnt transmitter. The transmitter wont get me good signal. For example i cant go 10m out without static on my reciever.

yea I was going to say basically what Ozzy did... unless you, say, patched a power input to a video input it should be ok from that perspective. patching an output FROM the transmitter to something wrong generally wouldn't be an issue for the transmitter. Especially if you didn't have any power going IN to the transmitter at the time, then that output was dead anyway.

however ANY transmitter no matter what brand/power if you provide power to it with no antenna attached (like in your pics) you pretty much insta-kill it because the signal has nowhere to "go" and fries the internal electronics. That's why we keep those stock/crap antennas around just to have something plugged in at all times just in case, then I put the really good antennas on when I'm about to fly.

further to your point, the little stick antennas that come with transmitters like that (and receivers) are complete and utter crap. Watch the first 6-7 minutes of this video for a really good explanation of why.

If you want more than 50m or so of distance, you'll want upgraded antennas. You can get decent sets for $40-$50 USD, or if you havea diversity receiver and want to go really long range this set is the ferrari of antenna sets and includes 3: one for the Tx, and 2 for the Rx a omnidirectional and a long range directional. I've been out a couple hundred meters with my TS352 500mW and am yet to even see a hint of interference

Alright Thanks so much man ! I really appreciate your response. I ordered a pair of antennas your recommend.(Omni directional) ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues