Is my DJI P4 battery dead? (Brand new!!!)

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here.

So, I bought three new batteries, two charged up fine. They all blinked when I put them in the charger, but the last one does not respond at all.
Apple has already told me they will replace it, but could this be another problem all together?

It sounds like it has been sitting in storage for too long. Play it safe and get the free replacement.

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
I've read a few complaints on several forums about DOA P4 batteries.

I had one myself. I bought a battery last month from the local Apple store. When I unpacked it there were no lights when you pushed the button. There were no lights when I plugged it in the charger. Leaving it on the charger for a couple of hours did nothing. It was dead.

I took it back to the Apple store next day. They replaced it no questions asked....

I've read a few complaints on several forums about DOA P4 batteries.

I had one myself. I bought a battery last month from the local Apple store. When I unpacked it there were no lights when you pushed the button. There were no lights when I plugged it in the charger. Leaving it on the charger for a couple of hours did nothing. It was dead.

I took it back to the Apple store next day. They replaced it no questions asked....

Well, I bought mine on the online store, so I'll have to wait until Monday for a courier service to schedule the return and then wait until they get it before they ship the new one.

I bought my p4 from Apple online store. It came with a DOA battery. No lights came on. I returned to DJI and they replaced the battery. I was very happy with the costumer service I received.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Well, I bought mine on the online store, so I'll have to wait until Monday for a courier service to schedule the return and then wait until they get it before they ship the new one.

That's a pain having to return via shipping. I try buy from a brick and mortar store whenever I can. (Even if it costs a bit more).

Fortunately I have an Apple store close by that sells P4 batteries. Otherwise, I'd would have had to mail order my last battery.

That's a pain having to return via shipping. I try buy from a brick and mortar store whenever I can. (Even if it costs a bit more).

Fortunately I have an Apple store close by that sells P4 batteries. Otherwise, I'd would have had to mail order my last battery.

Actually, Apple just emailed me with a full refund instead. I prefer that.
Yeah, but all the stores in my area were sold out and ordering from Apple was faster than waiting for the stores to restock.

I bought my p4 from Apple online store. It came with a DOA battery. No lights came on. I returned to DJI and they replaced the battery. I was very happy with the costumer service I received.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

The first conversation (first line customer service) I had felt totally redundant. He kept asking me for my contact info repeatedly and put me on hold several times... My daughter is 12 and was chuckling next to me (had the guy on speaker)..
I'm very happy with Apple's customer service, the couriers, well that's a whole new story..

I bought my Phantom 4 w/extra battery at B&H photo. The extra battery had the same problem...no lights when plugged into the charger. I returned it and they replaced it. This happened again with the replacement. I returned and the 3rd replacement finally charged. I think there is a bad batch of batteries out there. I need a third battery and will probably buy from another dealer.

Reactions: Capitan Bastos
I bought my Phantom 4 w/extra battery at B&H photo. The extra battery had the same problem...no lights when plugged into the charger. I returned it and they replaced it. This happened again with the replacement. I returned and the 3rd replacement finally charged. I think there is a bad batch of batteries out there. I need a third battery and will probably buy from another dealer.
Geez

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20