Is latest DJI Go app safe to avoid NFZ, geofencing

Reaction score
Im currently running fw 1.4 and the corresponding RC fw on my p3 till now. Im also still running DJI go app 2.4.3. Reasons were to stay away from NFZ and geo fencing "infection" as much as i could.

While i'm still planning on staying at my current phatom and RC fw for now. Is it ok to update DJI go app at least to the latest version? or could the app still upload some nfs/geofencing related data to the phantom? or perhaps force me to update the firmware ?

thanks

I would suggest stay with the versions you have now, any latest update will slowly force you to update all. For your info, all NFZs come thru DJI GO App. Hope you understand what I mean.

My question to you: Why are you scared of NFZs infections? Are you close to a major airport? If true, you are in no way expected to fly without permissions even if you block DJI GO App.

Im currently running fw 1.4 and the corresponding RC fw on my p3 till now. Im also still running DJI go app 2.4.3. Reasons were to stay away from NFZ and geo fencing "infection" as much as i could.

Al,

I'm still on 1.4 on both of my P3Pro's as well. I'm staying away from all of the newer stuff until the dust settles on the NFZ's and any other limitations or privacy issues. I wouldn't recommend updating past 2.4.3 on the Go app. Some rumors have said that the newer versions will "force" compliance and possibly updating at some point. I don't have a clue as to whether they are true or not. Personally, I'm staying on 1.4, 2.4.3 on the DJI Go app (for settings only) and I'm flying with Litchi 2.7.1 which was the their last pre-SDK 3 version. I'm missing out on a few new functions but short of that both of my P3's are flying very well. All just my personal opinion, of course.

Jerry

I am with the latest. I see NFZs but I am not close to them. In a way I know where not to fly when I go out to another city.

Thanks. No im not really close to any airport. But even right now as you said, even right now i cannot fly in a NFZ. which is fine. Im am in no way looking to fly around air ports and stuff.
My only concern was the whole unlocking fly zones. Several months back, the NFZ, or the yellow warning zones were ridiculous. Entire cities were blanketed by them and the whole idea that you would have to request an unlock before you could fly seemed really stupid. On top of that, unlocks were valid for 3 days. Which meant that when i was travelling to other countries on vacations for more than 3 days, there was no way for me request authorizations from abroad as there is no internet connection most of the time.
I want to avoid that. While DJI has not implemented that yet im sure the fw has some part to play in that.

other issues i wanted to avoid was DJI limiting ascend speeds,battery logics that were making p3 shutoff mid air in 1.5 or even limiting max speeds to avoid cracking issues etc..not to mention i read somewhere reduced range also? though i dont think that has been confirmed or not.
The whole fact that DJI is so secretive about whats in these updates is what bothers me and many others. They should be open as to what they are including in the new firmwares.

Reactions: Jtrjr
I am still on 2.4.3 go app and 1.4 on firmware.

I did have an issue when I migrated from iPhone 6 to iPad mini and had to install the latest go app but then reverted back to 2.4.3 as I have that on my computer. Even with this some NFZ have appeared that are on the DJI map near me. Not sure what would happen if i were to try to fly near them.

DJI Go app 2.4.3 has access to NFZ servers. So any DJI go app after this release will ofcourse have NFZ access.

Last edited:
Correct Dji go 2.4.3 does show me red no fly zones in the app, however I have never seen yellow (warning zones). Those might be part of newer Dji go app along with newer firmwares,. The warning zones were my main concern.
Sounds like I'll be sticking with my current setup then...

Red or yellow zones are data driven zones, if you see one NFZ in your area, you will see others when you move to another area. You can't avoid any.

I thought no fly zones were in the AC FW.
Also
I have flown by a municipal airport in a red zone with no ill effects. I am about 2.5 miles from this airport.

Red or yellow zones are data driven zones, if you see one NFZ in your area, you will see others when you move to another area. You can't avoid any.
Thanks but I find that somewhat confusing. Because several months back when I would see yellow warning zones in my city on the DJI Fly safe, website the DJI go application however would not show me any of those yellow warning zones it would only show me the red zones. I have never seen, not even once the yellow warning zones in the DJI application. However I do understand that these are all data based zones and they can be pushed to the phantom through the DJ go application. I just thought that the old DJI go application however might not be able to push these extra zones to the aircraft

I thought no fly zones were in the AC FW.
Also
I have flown by a municipal airport in a red zone with no ill effects. I am about 2.5 miles from this airport.
Are you saying that you were able to fly within the red zone without any problems and that the DJI GO application did not prevent you from taking off when within this red zone or forcing you to gradually descend as you approached the red zone?

Few months ago I was on an island off Cancun Mexico where there was a small airport. On one side of that island i was not able to take off my p3 as the DJ application told me that I was within a red no-fly zone. And this all all with 1.4 fw and Dji go app 2.4.3

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers