jakeely.com is a scam.

To me, all the website searching and Google-mapping, etc., while fun, is totally unnecessary. A price of $250 for a P4P should be enough to stop even a minimally savvy buyer from proceeding further. One can be sure the WHOLESALE price (e.g., what Best Buy pays for them) is quite a bit higher than $250, precluding a company/website from selling them at that price and hoping to make a profit.

Last edited:
I actually requested info from the company early this morning (via an email address created just for that), and have not heard a peep from them. I'd definitely say it's a scam.

Reactions: UpLift Aerial
That one is from Adsense ad so we don't have any control over it. Generally google is pretty good about squashing suspicious stuff but you can report it by clicking the "x" on the top right of the add then the "why this add" link then the "AdWords ad feedback form" link.

Have you tried Googling them? Lots of times it will tell you if it is a known scam.

Here is one feedback taken from their website;

Well, I loved my Phantom 4. It was great until I went to fly this afternoon and as soon as I took off, it went crazy. I had no control, and when it finally crashed, it did into the river. I’m a very conscience flier; I never fly unless I am sure it is safe, my drone is in perfect condition and I have notified my local airport. I’m going to start the process with DJI to see if they will stand behind their product, and will update my review as that happens. I won’t buy one again at this point, and I would encourage anyone thinking about a drone to research the builder enough until they are comfortable with the warranty.

Of course, this could happen with a full price Drone.

That might not even be a real review. They could just have put that there to make it look like a review.

True, but assuming this individual actually purchased a P4 from this site, again assuming the site is legit (which I am confident it isn’t) it seems unlikely that they would put an review that cast doubt on their product. However, it could have been placed to give the site a bit of legitimacy. At the end of the day, the price wrecks of a scam. I just purchased a Phantom 4 Plus Pro from Amazon and paid over $1000 for it.

I googled the address and it came back as a residence!

3593 EDGEWOOD Ln, CARPENTERSVILLE, IL 60110 | MLS# 08769546 | Redfin
Redfin › Illinois › Carpentersville › 60110
4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2875 sq. ft. house located at 3593 EDGEWOOD Ln, CARPENTERSVILLE, IL 60110 sold for $306870 on May 21, 2015. MLS# 08769546. HOME SOLD PRIOR TO PROCESSING.

I googled the address and it came back as a residence!

3593 EDGEWOOD Ln, CARPENTERSVILLE, IL 60110 | MLS# 08769546 | Redfin
Redfin › Illinois › Carpentersville › 60110
4 bed, 2.5 bath, 2875 sq. ft. house located at 3593 EDGEWOOD Ln, CARPENTERSVILLE, IL 60110 sold for $306870 on May 21, 2015. MLS# 08769546. HOME SOLD PRIOR TO PROCESSING.
We kind of beat that one to death earlier in the thread. No sense posting any details about that home, I seriously doubt that the homeowners even know that their address is being used on that site.

I wish I was rolling in money - I'd love to purchase one just to see what happens. I mean, they very well could have robbed a truck full of them and are trying to off them, but you could easily charge 900 instead of 250... Is it just a blatant scam? Pay and never hear again? The ship times (10 to as much as 50 days) would certainly be in line with a "collect and disappear" type scam. Enough time to keep buyers at bay with known long shipping times... Funny...

I wish I was rolling in money - I'd love to purchase one just to see what happens. I mean, they very well could have robbed a truck full of them and are trying to off them, but you could easily charge 900 instead of 250... Is it just a blatant scam? Pay and never hear again? The ship times (10 to as much as 50 days) would certainly be in line with a "collect and disappear" type scam. Enough time to keep buyers at bay with known long shipping times... Funny...
It could be worse than "collect and disappear". They would have your credit card information and could use it for cash advances or easily resalable purchases until the credit card company shuts the tap off.

It could be worse than "collect and disappear". They would have your credit card information and could use it for cash advances or easily resalable purchases until the credit card company shuts the tap off.
That's the truth.

Also, I have still not received any response at all to the email I sent them Monday requesting more info. I doubt there's anyone at the other end of the address.

The website needs to be taken down. Very dangerous for people who don't think twice... Specially teens.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1