Is it worth buying the aftermarket batteries?

Reaction score
I there i am sorry i bet this question has been asked a few times. I have been looking into getting another battery for my P3s and my dilemma is buy one genuine or two of the aftermarket for just a little bit more.Anyone using the aftermarket ones? Cheers

DJI will not honor their warranty if you crash due to an issue with an aftermarket battery, so it's best to only use OEM DJI batteries.

I haven't ever seen aftermarket ones but I would recommend to buy genuine ones . If you look on jet.com they usually have them for 110 dollars.

not worth the risk IMO
what you saving a few $$$? I wouldn't take that chance but hey its a free world

A better number to consider... how much was your Phantom? And, how much would it be worth when it's smashed to pieces on the ground? :)

Well all I can say after the way not to good results of when bang good tried making a knock off p2 battery lots and lots and lots of peoples phantom 2s got banged real good on the ground. They ended up having a recall on them. Id wait till some one like lime fuel comes out with a p3 battery thats atleast as good if not better then a dji branded on.

Well all I can say after the way not to good results of when bang good tried making a knock off p2 battery lots and lots and lots of peoples phantom 2s got banged real good on the ground. They ended up having a recall on them. Id wait till some one like lime fuel comes out with a p3 battery thats atleast as good if not better then a dji branded on.

Just checked out lime fuels website. Looks pretty good. I ordered a P3S and know that I will soon have to purchase additional batteries, might as well buy one that possibly gets more juice from a good brand

Ah, yeah... a lot of people have good luck with their P2 batteries.

I would buy aftermarket in following conditions:
*If they were substantially cheaper.
*Made from a reputable battery company.
*1 yr warranty
*And approved and tested by those on this forum.

Limefuel is an example of a trusted aftermarket supplier.

Please also take into consideration. Firmware updates may also render aftermarket batteries useless. The P2 3.14 firmware disbales aftermarket batteries.

Reactions: J.James
Don't buy a aftermarket battery. I tried it last night and my PS3 had a tough time getting off the ground. Also once my PS3 was airborne it was uncontrollable. Glad I was only 6 feet off the ground to land it safely!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31