Is it safe to purchase a Phantom 2 with gimbal?

Reaction score
Last night I was reading through some threads and noticed a lot of people were having problems with their phantoms falling out of the sky and other issues. I'm new to the phantom scene but not new to the RC scene. Are all of these kinks sorted out now or will the problems still persist? I'm not trying to dish out 1k just to have my phantom crash and break without some company giving me a reimbursement for their defective product. Thanks!

Kooker said:
Last night I was reading through some threads and noticed a lot of people were having problems with their phantoms falling out of the sky and other issues. I'm new to the phantom scene but not new to the RC scene. Are all of these kinks sorted out now or will the problems still persist? I'm not trying to dish out 1k just to have my phantom crash and break without some company giving me a reimbursement for their defective product. Thanks!

It's a valid concern you have. It's mostly pilot error, but some goofy things are occurring out there that cannot yet be explained or acknowledged by DJI

I would purchase it through a reputable dealer that will stand behind the product. The flyaway issues are usually from pilot error.
The falling out of the sky/early auto land issue i believe is attributed to a bad cell in the battery or a battery contact issue. Make sure yours is not one that has been sitting on the store shelf for 3 months. There is not really a way that i am aware of to check for a possible bad battery until you hook the P2 up to the computer and look at the battery info tab in the Phantom Assistant software.

If you are going to get one with the Gimbal, I would strongly suggest you install a FPV setup with an iosd mini or iosd MarkII. It will display your battery level as well as what flight mode it is in and some other important info on your FPV monitor. This is important info to know when you are flying around.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20